Going To San Antonio, Need a RV site east of there

Molly

Hi, we are new to this stuff. We have had a small camper for a few years, mostly used by hubby to go hunting. Now we have upgraded to bigger and better so we can take family vacations. Our first destination is San Antonio in April. We are looking for a kid friendly, safe and clean RV Park east of San Antonio if possible. We would appreciate any information on any parks. We are hoping to make reservations very soon. Thanks.
P.S. Any tips on things we should know about packing our new travel traveler with would also help.....Thanks.

skizer

Hi Molly,
Try koa.com to find a place to stay. Their website will give you exact locations, driving diredtions, and an address. As far as packing, a good rule of thumb is anything you use on a daily basis around your house you'll need in your camper. From the basics of clothes and toiletries, to pots and pans for cooking, to dishwashing soap to wash your dishes, to towels and washclothes to take a bath. Make a list of what you use on a daily basis from the time when you get up to the time you go to bed and that will be what you will need in your camper.

lhollatz

It is not quite San Antonio but Lone Star RV Park just south of Austin is great for kids and families. Pool is great that time of year.

Good Luck
Roadhouse

Dillon

We are going to San Antonio the first week in July and staying at the Blazing Star Luxury Resort http://www.blazingstarrv.com/index.html

I have heard it is a great place to stay.

I have gotten some mixed reviews on the KOA, but since I have not been there myself, cannot say whether it is nice or not. :cool:

Dillon

We stayed at Blazing Star RV Resort (west of San Antonio) and it was great. Best campground I have ever stayed at. Very friendly, clean and we had the best site in the whole campground. I did not want to leave. Very clean and large laundry area, nice pool and playground for kids. Just a wonderful rv resort. The rates are only $32.00 a night. Would highly recommend it.

spacenut

There is a RV park in Schertz, N.E. of San Antonio just off IH-35. It has an abundance of large sites and is in a short driving distance of all things in S.A.. It will be closer than Lone Star RV and less expensive than KOA or any other "Resort" type place.
Hope you have fun while here.

tbax46

Not sure how far east of San Antonio you want to be. That's a large metropolitan area. There are some rv campgrounds off I-10 in Seguin and Luling (kid friendly) which would be anywhere from 45 to 25 minutes east of San Antonio.
You can go to the Texas Campground Owners Association web site or even the Passport America Web site and get several. Most of the campgrounds in the area would be west(I-10) and North on I-10 or US 281.