Golden Oldies

Poppa

Below is a suggestion that was made to RV-USA by me a while back. If you oldies out there agree, send a line to the RV-USA suggestion box

Y'all have a section devoted to Class b motor homes and several other good things.

It would seem to me that if there was a section devoted to classic campers, say in the 20 year old plus age range, it would be not only helpful but may even drag some of these old classics out of the back yards.

One thing about campers in this age range, they all have character and are in good shape or no shape.

Just a thought.

Poppa

Golden Oldies

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO ADMITS TO HAVING AND BEING PROUD OF A CLASSIC MOTOR HOME???????????? :laugh:

Krazeehorse

Golden Oldies

Guess I hadn't thought of our 84 Wienerbeagle Cheap-one as a classic yet. Some of the characters that have drank a "pop" under her awning are classics though!!! :laugh:

C Nash

Golden Oldies

Poppa, I just signed up for Medicare. Does that make me a golden oldie :eek:

LotRott74

Golden Oldies

Count Me in :bleh:

rv03.jpg

sepisllib

Golden Oldies

LotRot 74 -- turning out looking really nice. Sure would like to see yours Poppa - one of these days you can get your camera back and just do it.

My Tourmaster turns 12 this year - at what age does it gain the famed "Classic" status??

Great to hear from you guys.

God Bless

Bill & Judy

Poppa

Golden Oldies

Come on guys, cut me some slack :bleh: at what age does something become a classic, heck I don't know Some where aroung 20 years old I would guess, Chelse, there are a lot of us guys have been classic for years and age doesn't have anything to do with it. You go from being a character to a classic. As to age you are only as old as you feel and as long as you can still feel you AIN'T OLD :laugh: .

Basically you get old when you loose the desire to live and set around and wait for the end :dead: .

A good example is my mom, she has been in a rehab hospital for assisted care for almost a year, turned 80 December 31, and is choomping at the bits to get out and go home so she can go fishing. She sets around knitting shawls and afgans for the old people, as she calls them, at the home.She dang shore isn't waiting for the end.

She will probably go sliding in sideways at the pearly gates and tell St. Peter " Had a hell of a good life"

What say we see if we "OLD, GRUMPY, WRINKLED, GREY, BALD, HILARIOUS, folks can maybe set up a shindig a some camp groud this summer so we can see who can tell the biggest lies :blush: while the lady folks sit around and laugh at us :approve: .

Y'all are great bunch of guys :laugh:

turnipbwc

Golden Oldies

Now for my two cents, I think POPPA is a classic at 60+ :laugh: .
I'm just kidding because I am 60 + myself. I always thought anything over 20 years was a classic ?
turnip

Poppa

Golden Oldies

Turnip,

When the GOD was makeing the earth HE said "Let there be mountains" I asked Him. " ou want them snow capped or plain"

Yes I am 60+ and if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of the ole bod.

Poppa

Golden Oldies

Turnip,

When the GOD was making the earth HE said "Let there be mountains" I asked Him. "You want them snow capped or plain"

Yes I am 60+ and if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of the ole bod. I can remember when I thought 50 was old, now 80 is looking like the prime of life, and with "HIS" blessings I might makeit.