good places to camp

Old Forum Post

[Darlene] We are new at rving, would like to know if anyone has info on nice rv sites in N.C. S.C. Ga. and Tenn. we have no children and are in our fifties.

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Darlene] Thanks Mark and Cindy, we already have a Woodall&#039s book were hoping to get some great tips from people who had stayed at some resorts in these areas... Darlene

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Paul Brannan] Such a great location to camp. There are tons of great campgrounds, just start looking and making choices that you would like. My wife and I love Bear Creek, just outside Ashville, N.C., we loved the Charleston, S.C. area. What we do in the same areas you are asking is start looking for a place about 3:00pm. Use Woodalls, Trailer Life to get an Idea only and wing it. If you don&#039t like the one you pick the 3:00pm time ives you time to check out others in the area. I think we are headed back up to the area this summer and again will wing it, as we always do, although we have stayed at Bear Creek,NC three times! Nice place, located near Ashville and tons of stuff to do. By the way we are in our early 50&#039s and pull a 27&#039 TT. Paul

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Bob] Hunting Island State Park in SC. A beautiful camp ground on one of the nicest beaches in South carolina!

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Darlene] Thanks Paul, we will try these areas and jump in and go for it.
we have a 40 ft. Country Coach motorhome and we love it.

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Darlene] Thanks Paul, we will try these areas and jump in and go for it.
we have a 40 ft. Country Coach motorhome and we love it.

Old Forum Post

good places to camp

[Francis] We have a Jayco Popup (for now), are in our 50&#039s, and we love Lakewood Camping Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC;
Raccoon Holler CG in Glendale Springs, NC (on the Blue Ridge Pkwy;
James Island campground at Charleston, SC; and
Jekyll Island CG, Jekyll Island, GA.
We go to the first two every year (for the last 5 years anyway) 3 times each year, Myrtle Beach in March, April, and November (we hate the crowds and the heat at the beach in the summertime), and our mountain CG on Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the 3rd week in October (the mountain scenery is wonderful, it is a very quiet and peaceful place and at 3500ft is a lot cooler.If interested email me back at fjmars45@earthlink.net. Good luck.