Goodyear Marathons

Steve H

Trying to decide on a tire brand for my Springdale 27ft 5ver. The Duros came with the unit in 2003...they look perfect but the age deems replacement with a manufactured date of July 2002.

I have read, read, and reread everything I can find on RV tires. This is what I can deduct...Michelin Ribs with 16 inch wheels are best...any foreign i.e. Made in China tires are bad. Marathons have numerous reported failures with extensive damage to peoples RV's. They are reported to also be manufactured in China.

I can't afford upgrading to the larger wheels with Michelins. I don't want the cheapest tire I can find either. Here is where I need some additional input... What experiences have this forums members had with the Marathons and, has anyone heard of Towmaster? Towmasters are the "top-of-the-line" at our local Les Schwab stores.

Many thanks...have a great weekend!

dennis1949

Re: Goodyear Marathons

I have Goodyear Marthions on my 5th Wheel I have had no trouble with them. Every body is going to tell you something different. It is like asking which truck is best. Goodluck

DCG

Stay away from Goodyear I just went through this on there G614 Tires which are junk and they will not admit it. Toyo has a good trailer tire now in 16 inch load range E. They are highly recommended by Several Major Tire Dealers through out the US. IE Les Schwab Tire Company which is located in the 5 Western States for one

Steve H

DCG - 1/12/2007 12:22 PM

Stay away from Goodyear I just went through this on there G614 Tires which are junk and they will not admit it. Toyo has a good trailer tire now in 16 inch load range E. They are highly recommended by Several Major Tire Dealers through out the US. IE Les Schwab Tire Company which is located in the 5 Western States for one

Thanks for your input! Like I originally said, 16 inch are not an option...not even sure they would fit my rig. I have heard from others that Toyo makes a good product. Our Les Schwabs (Bellingham, Lynden, Blaine, WA) only have the Towmasters made by Greenball I believe. Perhaps I can ask about special ordering the Toyo's!