Grand Canyon Trip

JDHDKID

We would like any info on RV parks etc.
We want to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon and Zion Park area, or any other ideas. What is the best time of the year etc.
We live in Northern Calif, We have not been to this part of the U.S. so we want to make the best of it.

Thanks, JDHDKID :)

DL Rupper

Re: Grand Canyon Trip

Mid to late May is the right time. Visit Zion and then drive over to Kanab UT (RV Corral is good RV Park). From there you may want to try a quick trip (about 60 miles North on US 89) to Bryce's Nat'l Park before you go on to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (Highest and best view of the Canyon). If you go earlier you may run into snow at the North Rim. Have fun, wish I was going. :laugh:

JDHDKID

Thanks for taking the time for the info, we are looking forward to the trip.
Happy New Year to You.
JDHDKID :) :)

TexasClodhopper

Ah, come on DL! I've heard you tell us a good description of that area! I would like to hear about your experiences there again. Hope you have time!

DL Rupper

Check out "Utah's Red Rock Country" (Destinations thread) for more ideas on where to go in Southern Utah and Grand Canyon area. :laugh:

richf

RE: Grand Canyon Trip

We are planning our 3rd motor home trip to N AZ--S Utah leaving mid-May. This area is one of our favorite areas. Our 2007 itinerary looks like this: Canyon DE Chelly, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, North Rim Grand Canyon, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Utah 12 to Capital Reef NP and return to our home in Central Iowa.

We like Late May for this area because of less crowds, wild flowers, blooming catus and not so hot. Early May you could still get snow at North Rim and Bryce.

Some RV'ers shy away from Utah 12 but I've never felt unconfortable driving it in any type of RV. Canyon De Chelly (NE AZ) is overlooked by many but is an amazing place.

If you're interested in more suggestions send me a personal email.