Great Weather for Travel

ARCHER

Well, we almost left this am to head to Texas, but after arising around 3AM and looking at the weather, we decided to go back to bed and wait out the storms. Sure glad we did that, as today has to have been one of the worst days for motoring down the road in many years. Seems like the path of all these storms got the same trip tik that we did and decided to follow it North and East. Oh well, Graceland will have to wait another day for our company.
Momma was kinda mad that we did not leave this am, but she doesn't do the driving and I'm not the best driver when it comes to rolling down the road in a Class A pulling a car behind especially when the wind is blowing 40+ MPH and rain is falling in buckets.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day and it the bad weather is suppose to pass in the next few hours. Should be in Port Isabel/South Padre Island area around Sat or Sun......I hope.
Sorry if I bored anyone, but just had to do something to pass the time waiting on the GREEN FLAG......... :) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

SnowbirdInFlight

Great Weather for Travel

quote:Originally posted by ARCHER

Well, we almost left this am to head to Texas, but after arising around 3AM and looking at the weather, we decided to go back to bed and wait out the storms. Sure glad we did that, as today has to have been one of the worst days for motoring down the road in many years. Seems like the path of all these storms got the same trip tik that we did and decided to follow it North and East. Oh well, Graceland will have to wait another day for our company.
Momma was kinda mad that we did not leave this am, but she doesn't do the driving and I'm not the best driver when it comes to rolling down the road in a Class A pulling a car behind especially when the wind is blowing 40+ MPH and rain is falling in buckets.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day and it the bad weather is suppose to pass in the next few hours. Should be in Port Isabel/South Padre Island area around Sat or Sun......I hope.
Sorry if I bored anyone, but just had to do something to pass the time waiting on the GREEN FLAG......... :) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

We had real bad weather here today also (southern Illinois) Where you coming from?

Shadow

Great Weather for Travel

Hi Archer, the front blew thru here around 4:30pm. Was in the 80's, it's about 59 degrees now. Thought maybe it was the tail wind from your motorhome. Take care and keep us posted on your progress.

turnipbwc

Great Weather for Travel

Archer,
Wise decision to wait until another day. No since in taking a chance when you don't have to.
Good Luck and have fun in the south.
Ray