Gremlins?????????????????

LEN

Went out to start the gen for it's monthly. Turn on the house and chassis batteries and start the gen, warm enough I'll use the air to load the gen. Also checking out the refer after the recall update and the furnace new motor and tuneup(being retired you hafta take time for these things). Air starts fine but refer has to get gas up(so I gave it chili and beer) took a while but it lit. And air is on, or is it it off and the 4 button control is flashing, never happened before and when the light(back light) is on it flickers. Look at gen output 120 60 cycle ok cool. Flip breakers, air won't come back on. Kill the 12 volt after checking it(seemed ok) and turn it back , no joy. Pulled thermostat and unplugged and replugged again no joy. Went through zone 1-2 settings turning them off then on to air(and turning stat off/on a couple times) and it starts working correctly. So everything is cool. Any comments???

LEN

normb

RE: Gremlins?????????????????

Greetings and sanitations (garbage pickup today)

Standard house air conditioners instructions state that if an air conditioner is turned off during a cooling cycle one should wait about ten minutes for the compressor to lose pressure. If this isn't done the motor cannot overcome the pressure and start up again.

normb

vanole

Re: Gremlins?????????????????

Len,

I had a problem like you this about three years ago in previous M/H. Finally took the thrmostat off the wall cleaned the phone connection on back of T-stat. A/C fired back up. About 20 minutes later T-Stat lost all digital data (faceplate blank). Went to the Bryant RV page and downloaded the reset procedure went thru that quickly and had no further problems. Present owner hasn't had any problems either in the 3 years he has owned the coach.

Got to baby that 4 button thermostat or get a hold of Mr. Hendrix and he will refurb it for around $80.

Jeff

Len Reset Procedure below:

The reset procedure is as follows:
a. Turn the ON/OFF switch to ON. The display light with
data should come on. If the light and data are not there,
see Section B2 Cable Assembly.
b. Depress mode to activate display light.
c. Depress the bottom two buttons (up & down) together.
d. While still holding the two buttons add the third from the
bottom (mode) , hold all three for a few seconds.
e. Release the third (mode) button.
f. Release the bottom two (up & down) together.
g. Depress the mode button. The display light should be
off. If not, repeat steps 2 through 6.

Triple E

When ever I turn the AC power off and back on I have to go thru the above proocedure again. Have you had the same problem. Does Mr Hendrix have a web page or a number I can contact him. Thanks.

:8ball:

vanole

Triple E,

Not the same problem. Most of my issues were with shifting zones.

I got all the info for Mr. Hendrix off the Yahoo Monaco Users Group in a fantastic OEM and Parts vendor spreadsheet that one of the members put together. Damn thing is worth its weight in gold. I have had 3 friends who have had their t-stats fixed by him and they are happy as all get out seeing how Doemetic has no supply support.

Here it is:

William Hendrix
1731 Holeman Dr
Erie CO 80516

whendrix@aol.com

Cost to rework is $80 and you send him the thermostat

Jeff

vanole

Triple E

I also corresponded via e-mail with an owner of a RV shop in TN who told me he had a source that refurbs the T-stats also. I will try to dig up that RV shops info and send it to you.

Jeff

G

i don;t have that problem ,, i turn the dial on the unit ,, and it shuts off ,, but i do have to wait for it to decompress ,, but while waiting on that ,, i just kick on the rear a/c ,, btw i have no thermostats on my units ,, all done on the ceiling area ,, i have what i call "dumper units" ,, also have the heat strips in them ,, which in about 60 degree weather ,,, come in pretty handy ,, to take the chill off :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

C Nash

Rod if it was 60 degree I would have thought you would have had 100k BTU heat going. :) Sorry no help on your problem Len but we all know Rod is a high temp man :laugh: On mine It takes 5 minutes sometimes for the units to come on. Never understood why but just figured there is a reason. They have never failed to come on.

LEN

Sorry it did start running OK but don't know what caused the problem or what the cure was. Next time if this happens I now know the reboot reset function.

LEN