Gulf Coast Destinations

CYHAWK

Appreciate any advice on good Gulf coast campgrounds on/near the beach in Alabama and/or Florida panhandle area that are close to golf courses, good bars/restaurants, shopping and other recreation activities.

H2H1

Hi Cyhawk , as Jimmy as stated, welcome. I like the RV park in Destin. if you are military or retired you can stay at the Ft. Benning MWR site in Destin Fl.the price is $20 a night and that is full hook ups on a pave level pad. I know are some more in Panama City Fl. I will be at Venture Out RV Resort around Oct 19.This is not a high end cost park, but it looks like it. But do as Jimmy has stated goes to rv park review and check them out. good luck

CYHAWK

akjimmy and H2H1: Thanks for your info. As we are fairly new to RVing, we appreciate the help. H2H1 - As we both work for the Defense Department, we will definitely check out the MWR site. CyHawk

gjfincher

We just spent a week and Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL. Loved every minute of it. Clean bath houses, nice laundry room and store.

H2H1

Cyhark just make sure you have your ID from the Govt. they will ask for it. I am retired from the Govt also in the DoD