Gulfstream Sunsport Overheat

Old Forum Post

[John B] I have a 1994 Gulfstream SunSport Diesel Pusher. GMC 6.2 Turbo
It overheats even in cool weather and on level ground even without towing if speeds exceed 65 mph. Needless to say it gets worse if I tow, go uphill or use it on hot days. Radiator, thermostat, guage accuracy and other obvious things have been checked. Using conventional 1:1 Afreeze and H20. Any one out there with experience with this vehicle or knowledge of such a problem with this machine?

Old Forum Post

[Gordo] You may have a hose that is collapsing under pressure or perhaps some type of restriction in one of the hoses. It can be a long and involved job pulling those hoses to check but if all else is OK, it may have to be done.

Old Forum Post

[RON] CHECK THE FAN BLADE IT MAY BE ON BACKWARDS AND SHOVING THE AIR THE WRONG WAY GULFSTREAM HAD THIS PROBLEM ON MANY PUSHERS AS THIS ENGINE WAS NORMALLY A FRONT MOUNT ENGINE THE BLADES MUST BE TURNED 180 degrees for rear use hope this may help

Old Forum Post

[RON] JUST HAPPENED TO REMEMBER ON SOME REAR PUSHERS THE FACTORY NOT THE RV MANAFACTURER LEFT OF 2 PEICES OF RUBBER FLAPS ON REACH SIDE IF THE FAN SHROUD THIS WOOD BE ON THE ENGINE SIDE OR BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND FAN SHROUD ON EACH SIDE IT IS VERY EASY TO SEE IF YOU LIFT THE REAR BED ENTRANCE SO MUCH FOR THIS NO MORE IDEAS I THINK EITHER THIS OR MY PREVIOUS TIP WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM RON