Happy Labor Day

DL Rupper

Hope you all have a great LABOR DAY. The rug rats have all gone back to school, so it's time to get out an RV. See you at the Big RV Show. ;)

H2H1

RE: Happy Labor Day

RIGHT BACK AT YOU, HOPE U HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY AS WELL, WE ARE OFF BUT WORKING AROUND THE HOUSE. I'LL BE BBQ LATER TODAY RIBS, STEAKS GOT A BOSTON BUTT ON NOW. WE WILL BE SWIMMING IN THE POOL AND ENJOYING THE LAST HOLIDAY FOR THE SUMMER. ALSO I HOPE EVERYONE WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR OUR TROOPS AT HOME & OVER SEAS WHO FIGHT AND SOMETIME GIVE THEIR LIFE SO WE CAN HAVE THIS FREEDOM. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DL Rupper

Re: Happy Labor Day

Hey H2H1, it's best not to use all caps. Somebody might think you're shouting. I do believe "THE PRAYER FOR THE TROOPS" should be shouted so some individuals might hear. :) Semper Fi!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yes, Happy Labor Day everyone. Hope everyone stayed safe. I almost was in a huge pipe-up coming home this afternoon. We had taken the weekend off and gone to the Hillsville, VA flea market. The whole town is transformend into a flea market. It is a 3 day event and you can't see it all in 3 days. This was their 40th year.

On I-81, about half way home, all of a sudden everything went haywire. I was in the left lane and the 3 vehicles right in front of me hit their brakes and started going everywhere. I don't know why brakes were hit, there was not a wreck. Luckly for me the car on my right took off ahead and I got over just in the nick of time. I probably did not miss the car that was in front of me over 6 inches.

ARCHER

Glad your OK, Kenneth. Sometimes folks out there on the highways do some dumb things while driving. Hitting their brakes is one of them, and it causes panic on many a driver. Glad you reacted quickly and safely.
BTW, on the way to Florida after we left your place, we had an encounter with a deer down South a ways. Seems it wanted to run to the middle of the road, then run along side of us for a ways and then it decided to sneak across in front of us to get back into the woods.........I didn't panic, just let off of gas and kinda slowed down and watched his movements........was kind of pretty watching him/her running along side of us..... ;)

DL Rupper

Good to hear your OK, Kenneth. We just put in 4 slow hrs on the road with the 5er. Putted along at 55, my reactions are slowing down, so I'm slowing down. Left Bangor for Kennebunkport.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yes, we are still talking about it. We were lucky. Driving out Friday, I thought about the fact that we don't go anywhere on Holiday weekends. Did not think about it again until after that.
Of course, Labor day is the weekend that for 40 years Hillsville has done this event. We already have reservations at campground next year. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. So far we have 7 campers in our little group. Only about a 20 minute drive to Hillsville.

Shadow

Darn DL, you are still in Maine? Thought we passed you on I10 east of Baytown Tx. We were headed east and started coming up on a 5er towing a bass boat. But what really caught our eye was a big emblem on the back of the 5th wheel. As we got closer we could see it was a big red Dodge Ram emblem. As we eased by him, same big emblem on the side. Yup, had one in the front also. These emblems were as big as the prowler emblems you see on their 5th wheels. Shirley looked over at me and asked, do you think that was DL?
Happy belated Labor Day, glad everyone made it safe.....

ARCHER

Hey Shadow, was there a flag or flags also on the rig that had the Dodge Emblem?

DL Rupper

Sorry guys, I'm in maine until tomorrow. I do have Dodge Ram rear hitch gizmo on my 5er. :laugh: :approve: