Have a safe Labor Day

Grandview Trailer Sa

Hey everyone, please have a safe and good Labor Day weekend.

My wife and I, and 4 other couples, are going to James River State Park here in VA. We are actually shutting down Sat. through Mon. First 3 day weekend in several years. Was going to float the James River for a few miles, but I expect Ernesto has changed my plans. Got a feeling the James will be high this weekend. That's OK we needed the rain. See you guys again Monday night.

Shadow

RE: Have a safe Labor Day

Sounds like fun GTS, Hopefully Ernesto will pass thru and give you a pretty weekend. We are headed to the bay for the weekend. Nothing but heat and sunshine here. Take care all, and have fun.

DL Rupper

Ya'll have a great & safe Labor Day weekend. We are staying in mystic valley (Dayton, Oh) . Oh, boy for fun.

GTS, everybody needs a getaway now and then, hope you and your wife enjoy.

Probably won't even have anyone to keep the forum going over the weekend. Boo hoo :clown: Home alone.

Micah

We're staying home, seems like a good place to be on a hot holiday weekend. We hope you all have a good weekend.
I'm not sure what a weekend is anymore, everyday is a weekend for us. Jerry

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Have a safe Labor Day

We are taking the family to a Campground / RV Park in Old Town, Florida. We've never been there so it should be interesting.

Have a safe Holiday weekend everyone!

Cindy @ RVUSA.com
:laugh:

Troyster

We met the in-laws in a little place outside of Grand Rapids Michigan. We got here Tuesday, and are pulling out Tuesday, the folks got here today and will leave Monday afternoon.

I had a hard time finding a campground with any room, but finally found this one, it is a Christian campground, and I rolled my eyes a little and wondered whether or not I would have to be outside for Bible Study every morning. So far, the only difference I have noticed, is, because they are an alcohol free campground, night times seem a little quieter.

The place is packed, and it is Friday night, on a holiday weekend, It's just after 11:00 pm right now, and I think when I put my fire out, I was one of the last people up and moving around outside.

Of course mornings start a little earlier than I prefer, but so far no mandatory bible study.....

DL Rupper

So far another quiet day in Dayton. Glad you're all having fun and enjoying your RV outings/trips/experiences. I think I'm going to cry.

Hey cinnister, don't hear from you often. Glad you are out and about enjoying.

Shadow

Feel your pain DL. Got home from work Fri. and Shirley told me what a great weekend it would be to get the tractor and do some dirt work around the house. Gave her a funny look, and she said after all it is Labor Day Weekend. :eek: Lost the argument right there.

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member

Hey DL,

We don't get to camp often but when we do it's always a lot of fun. We stayed at Yellow Jacket RV Park in Old Town, FL and it was very nice. The staff and all the visitors at the park were very friendly. Of course the kids loved the pool, hot tub and fishing. We got there too late to reserve a boat, which would have been nice since it's right on the Suwannee River. Have a great day everyone!!

Cindy @ RVUSA.com
:cool:

Troyster

OK, now I'm annoyed. We spent the whole weekend with the one empty spot in the campground right next to us. This morning, about 75% of the people pulled out, and one person pulled in. Guess where they set up?

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble figuring out why in a nearly empty park, some people feel a need to park right next to someone else. Personally, I think campground management should assign spots, and they should use every other one until they run out, then go back and fill in the spaces in between.

DL Rupper

They are what I like to call the lonely people. You should feel sorry for them. Happens to us all the time. Personally I have no problem with RV neighbors if they don't have noisy dogs or kids, but I prefer the view if possible. :bleh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, we got home this afternoon after a nice weekend. We arrived Fri. afternoon and set up in the rain. About an hour later it pretty much quit.

Could not do the river, up 6' over normal. The State Park has sites right on the river and they had to cancel all the reservations they had for the river area. They hated to, but had to mess up a lot of plans.

We ate tOOOO much, some fished, some caught up on sleep, and as usual, hated to leave.

DL Rupper

Hey GTS and cinnister, glad to hear you had good trips. Rv'ing is great. :laugh: