have a satelite but no receiver

jkill2001

what kind of receiver can i use im looking at purchasing one this weekend and want to know what to get and what to look for? im trying to stay on the lower price said of course. thanks jon

Gary B

Hi jon just what are you looking for, the service provider like Dish NetWork or Direct TV, or are you asking about just buying a reciver? Do you presently have Sat subscription and setup? If you don't have anything then you'll what to check with the local venders and see what kind of deals they are offering. We have Dish Network not because its better but because they had the best deal at the time we were in the market, we've had it for about 5/6 yrs. and its worked fine for us, we just subscribe to the cheapest plan they have called the top 50, when we travel we just grab the reciver from the house and put it in the rv (the portable dish ant.) is always in the rv and we are off. :) :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:
PS: if your looking for an excellent dish stand here is a link with lots of good imform and plans for a dish mount: http://www.bbrv.dreamstation.com/index.html

jkill2001

well i bought this rv used and the person who used to own it must have just taken out there receiver so all i need is the subscription and receiver and im set? how much do u pay for the subscription and how much should i anticipate to pay for the receiver?

Gary B

Hi jon, generally you can get the receiver and dish for free from the local vender and our dish subcription runs $291.80 per year paying for a years sub. vs by the month. My link isn't working I'll try to fix it got it fixed I left out a (.) :disapprove: . Don't buy a receiver on e-bay because most selling them don't have a smart card installed and a new smart card can cost as much as a new complete set up. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve: