Heartland Sundance

kaiserfam

My family of 3 are stepping up from the tent camping days and looking for a 5th wheel. My husband is pretty impressed with the quality of the Sundance but it is a fairly new brand. Does anyone have any comments on the Sundance 5th wheels?

DL Rupper

Re: Heartland Sundance

Hey kaiserfam, welcome to the forum. I haven't heard much about the Heatland line of RV's. Sorry.

Greselda

Hi Kaiserfam!

We also have a Sundance. It is a 28.5' 5er...XLT265RK, and we absolutely love it :approve: My DH did a lot of research on Heartland before we bought it and we did so primarily because of the almost 90 degree turning radius with a shorter bed truck. We tow it with a Ford (yeah, I know it is a Ford, but we love it too..LOL), it is a F250 V10 gas crew cab 4x4 and it does a great job. One of the best things about our Sundance model is the weight. Because it is a XLT, which is one of the lightweights, it only weighs 6600 lbs.....nice!

Let us know if you have any other questions and we would be more than happy to brag on our Sundance!!!!

Rick and Janine :)

DL Rupper

Hey Greselda, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the good info. Your Ford is OK as long as it isn't one of the dreaded older 6.0 L Power Strokes. They seemed to have a few problems. The main problem was the diesel smoke didn't smell as good as the Dodge. :approve: :laugh:

Greselda

Hi DL!

Nope, my DH would never, ever have a diesel....it is gasoline all the way. Ours is a 2005, and it runs great! As to the smell of diesel.....Dodge, Ford, GMC, Chevy, whatever....... it all smells the same...yuk! hehehhehe..

Rick and Janine

elkhartjim

Now DL, don'tgo be gettin your dander up.
icon_smile_sad.gif
I just came in. Been laying on the ground with my nose in the exhaust pipe of the cummins.....got a little dizzy,
icon_smile_shock.gif
but never smelled much.
icon_smile_big.gif

DL Rupper

Hey Janine, at one time I was a gasser too, but after towing with a diesel it was all over for the gas engine. That's when the Dodge diesel smoke started smelling like perfume. :approve: :laugh: :laugh: Glad your LITTLE gasser engine runs great. What counts is that you are having fun and enjoying your RV experience. Happy Camping. :)

Greselda

Too funny, DL :laugh:
We are very used to all the ribbing we get from our friends who will ONLY own GMC; Chevy; or Dodge and then to add insult to injury, they are ALL diesels too :eek: yikes, what are two newbies from Colorado to do????? :) :)
Next time you get a chance to check out a Sundance inside, go for it.....you will love what they have done with it!! We will let you know where we are in July.....come on over and say hello :approve:
Rick and Janine

walleye1

RE: Heartland Sundance

We had a sundance 2 summers ago, not to worry you but beware, our dealer accually quite selling them just because of all the problems we and a couple of other customers had and the factory was unwilling to back them up! it was in the shop most of that summer! BEAUTIFULL looking rig i might add, just a short list of problems were, the shower leaked into lower compartment, dealer had to remove the whole shower and reseal or should i say seal what the factory "forgot" to do, Our very first 100 mile trip in light rain....opened slide out and the whole carpet was soaked!!!! good way to ruin a weekend, seems the seal was not even close to properly installed!! the wireing for tv antenna and tv had to be redone, no speakers would even work!! after one trip to a nascar race got home next morn and noticed something hanging from underneith.....well no big deal it was just the fresh water tank sitting on the axles!! after all what would one expect after a 800 mile trip!! also noticed that the roof pannels under the rubber roof were coming loose under the rubber.!!! i do miss it but im glad its gone......please becarefull there was much more but i can not type that much.

H2H1

hey DL sounds like the other brand that we can't comment on :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Greselda

Hi Walleye1

Yikes, I am so sorry to hear what happened to you with your Sundance, but I would be very interested to know exactly which model you had so much trouble with :eek:

Yes, we had heard of some problems with quality control especially when it came to sealing around the showers, and we also heard of some problems with venting from the fridges, but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to the Sundance ;)

And as far as having Heartland stand behind their products, that is one of the biggest reasons we did purchase the Sundance.....they will stand by what they sell.....and most important to us was our dealer will stand by their sale of Heartland too.

OK, I will get off my soapbox now, I just wanted to say that sometimes you can't please all the people all the time....

Rick and Janine :)

walleye1

Hello,

It was a 2500 something, dont remember the letters, Our dealer was MORE than helpfull, they even purchased a 7 year extended warranty for us!! they had many of the same problems even with the bigger models, they wanted heartland to extend the warranty and we got a whole 6 months extra!! we even talked to one of the heartland owners at a show and he would do nothing, just alot of hot air!! for as many problems as we had that was unaccepetable, the one that really made me wonder about the overall integrity of the unit was the fresh water tank falling out!! we couldnt risk keeping unit for 10 years to find out what else would happen...and for having these same problems on different units at out dealer made them decide it wasnt worth having unhappy customers....i know you can read whatever you want here on the internet but just beware!