heater problem on '85 komfort T Class

dsandri

I have an 85 Komfort T Class with a furnace problem. The furnace seems to work fine but after a few on-off cycles, the heat doesn't kick on and hence the fan just continues to blow cold air.

I've checked the thermostat which seems to work properly and is sending signals to the heater. However, I don't understand why the furnace ignites most of the time, but not all the time.

Help. I'm cold in the desert!! :cool:

Dean-o

s.harrington

What kind of furnace do you have??? It sounds like it is the ignitor board or the ignitor points. If you don't know what these are you should call a mobile technician out to look at it.

MOtech

Most likely the board is ok, I'v never seen a board work sometimes and sometimes not. either the board is good or bad.
sounds like the limit switch is sticking, this would prevent the gass valve from opening as the circuit is not complete, Its a 6$ part. Also the gap between the ignitor and the burner should be 3/10" apart. Check the ignitor for nny discoloration in the white ceramic,if so then it is grounding and needs replaced, also if the ignitor moves any in its casing it is bad.
You should clean out the heat chamber also.

MOtech

Most likely the board is ok, I'v never seen a board work sometimes and sometimes not. either the board is good or bad.
sounds like the limit switch is sticking, this would prevent the gass valve from opening as the circuit is not complete, Its a 6$ part. Also the gap between the ignitor and the burner should be 3/10" apart. Check the ignitor for any discoloration in the white ceramic,if so then it is grounding and needs replaced, also if the ignitor moves any in its casing it is bad.
You should clean out the heat chamber also.
Burn your stove and check the flame, make sure you have sufficient lp gass. last but not least most furnaces require 10.5 vlts to work properly, your Battery levels may be droping below that.

s.harrington

Re: heater problem on '85 komfort T Class

Boy MO, I have seen lots of intermittent boards out there. Sometimes I've gone back to a job two or three times before it failed during testing. They can be a real pain when they get that way.