Heating

ky woman

trying to get the Furnace to work,
will come on,then go back off after a min.
sounds like something turing it off.
the cooking stove is fine on the gas.
had to cut off the line to the refrigerator gas line.
Blower starts, then gas comes on, then something like a click, then off,
and still blowing cold air.
Useing the small 30p LP tank.
hope to get a reply
Mary

Poppa

Re: Heating

There are several things that can cause this. You say the gas comes on do you mean there is a flame? The clicking you hear is the gas solinoid tripping out or the auto igniter trying to light. If it does not light and the flame sensor does not see a flame then it will trip the gas valve. Let us know the answer to the first question.

ky woman

yes the flame comes on, but just for a min, at lest it sounds like the flame, then it cks off. and keeps
blowing cold air. 1# THE AIR COMES ON//2# THESOUND OF A FLAME// 3# THEN THE CK,AND THEN AIR AGIN.
MARY

ARCHER

Just had my furnace worked on and repaired. When I tried to start it up, blower would come on (normal for a few seconds to clear ports) and then would sound like it wanted to light (clicking, etc.). It would not light. Not having a lot of time to work on it, I removed the entire furnace and took it to my RV dealer for bench testing. It lite at first but then went out and would not light again. Turned out to be the circuit board on the furnace was bad. Got it back, installed and all seems to be working just fine. Got old board back also (recommend this on all replacement items). LP , especialy furnace, it nothing to mess around with so sought professional help. How old is furnace and what model is it, electronic ignition???? ;)

Poppa

One of your sensors is bad. As Archer says bring it to a reptuable dealer and let them have at it.

Kirk

ky woman

- - - "had to cut off the line to the refrigerator gas line. "

I don't understand this statement? Are you sure that there is still a propane supply to the furnace? Have you actually seen a flame start when the furnace igniter sparks? It does not sound to me as though there is any fire at all. Have you checked to see if the sail switch has closed when the blower starts? If the sail switch does not close it will prevent the opening of the gas supply valve and you will get cold air blowing and the igniter will spark, but no flame. It sounds to me like the igniter is what you hear click. Also, what make of furnace is this?