HELP 1st time RV - thinking of Georgetown by Forest River

newrvingfamily

We have been a camping family since our son was little and we are now ready to graduate to an RV. What little I have read online I am a bit nervous about the 06' Georgetown XL by Forest River we have decided to purchase. We have yet to sign on the dotted line so we can still change our plans if we want to. Does anyone have any advice or comments to help us out? We know very little about specific companies or models. I would appreciate anything you have to offer in advice! Thanks you so much!

s.harrington

Re: HELP 1st time RV - thinking of Georgetown by Forest River

Before you buy do a little research on Forest River. I heard that the company was just sold and if that is the case you may want to hold off until the changes have been completed. The thing that suffers the most on a change such as that is warranty service.

miket

Re: HELP 1st time RV - thinking of Georgetown by Forest River

They are entry level, for a few bucks more, there are better choices -- check out floor plans on other models --- the Geo' town is pretty, but there are other units that are better -- check out the Hurricane --- Drive before you buy, try both the Ford and Workhorse chassis -- Ford is about 4k cheaper --- But ----you decide ----