Help for foamy faucets?

miller2302

Right at the fresh water input is the kitchen sink (inside of course). THe water comes out all foamy whether using the hot or cold faucet and it smells/is a little greasey. The water in the bathroom, however, comes out clear.
We have flushed water through the thing a lot. We bought this used so don't know if it was ever right. Help? (We don;t use the water for drinking, but this foamy stuff you can;t even rinse dishes in.)

ironart

Re: Help for foamy faucets?

Hi Jane and Welcome.
I have never run across one like this.....Wish I could help....I am sure some of the others on this forum will have an answer.

cwishert

Welcome to the forum. I am no expert on anything but it sounds like you may have something in the line to the sink that is not going to flush out with water. You may have to take it apart and clean it with something else. Easier said than done I am sure. I am sure that others will have good advice for you. Happy rving. :)

TexasClodhopper

It sounds to me like you have a filter for that water outlet. Look under the sink for one that you can replace. Kind of guessing, though.

Pillaz

RE: Help for foamy faucets?

Hi and welcome. You will get a lot of good advice here. Well at least from the others. Just a thought. Since you are getting foamy water from both hot and cold water at that sink, there may be a problem in the faucet. Could be bacteria. Replace the faucet. Its easy and not very expensive. Just a thought. Let us know how you make out.

LEN

Welcome, If the faucet has an aerator on it remove and see if this stops the foam, clean at the same time and foam maybe gone.

LEN

DL Rupper

Try filling your fresh water tank and then put a cup of bleach in it. Then use your pump to run the bleach water through the water lines and let it sit in the lines for a few hours. Then run some more bleach water through the lines and then empty and flush/rinse out the fresh water tank a couple of times. Now run some fresh city water through your water lines. If it was bacteria it should be clear now. If it something else, I don't have a clue.

Make sure you flush/rinse out the bleach water that went into your hot water tank.

G

I kinda have to agree with Tex and DL ,, but sounds to me like that the sink filter ,, (If there is one) may have gotten some anitfreeze in it ,, the original owner may not have taken out the filter when it was winterized ,,, but please post us back on what u find ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:
Oh btw welcome to the forums :) :)

C Nash

Bet Len got this one. Remove the aerator where the water comes out and I bet it will run clear.

H2H1

I don't know, surprise :laugh: :approve: But I would say that Len is correct on this one :) ;)

Kirk

I suspect that your problem may be some algae that is growing in your water lines, especially if you have not sanitized the fresh water system in a long time. That is a pretty common problem.

I suggest that you mix 1/4 cup of chlorine beach for every 15 gallons that your fresh water tank will hold and fill the tank completely. Then using the water pump, run water until you get the all faucets, the toilet, the shower and the outside shower. Once you have this in the system, allow it to sit for at least an hour, two is better. You want the water heater to be filled with the mix as well.

After an hour or two, drain out all of the water and refill the tank. I would also connect city water and use it to flush the lines and the water heater, fill and drain the tank one of two times and you should be good to go. There could be a slight odor or taste that remains, but it will not harm anything.

For detailed instructions on this process, visit the below site.

http://www.adventure.1tree.net/rv-living/maintenance/water-system-sanitizing

Paul235

Only thing I have too add is to check the anode in the water heater. The metal in the anode sometimes degrades into a mess that bacteria love. The anode is located inside the water heater access door. Looks like a six sided nut about 1 1/8 wide. do this before the bleach thing but do the bleach for sure. Anodes are ignored by lots of folks. While your at it, check the one inside your stick house too. It is almost never changed by th average homeowner. Its usually about 3 feet long.

Good Luck!

Kirk

DL,

Yup! It should. I was agreeing, but tried to give just a little more detail.

Any luck at all and miller2302 will come back and let us know what he found, or didn't find.

DL Rupper

Hey Kirk just thought maybe you missed my post. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I couldn't understand how you could miss such a brilliant post but anyway it looks like 2 outstanding minds were in agreement;) ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Think it's the new diesel fuel that is affecting DL. Maybe DLs to old for the new stuff :evil: :evil: ;) :laugh:

Kirk

DL,

Isn't it a darned shame that they can't all be as clever as a few of us are?