Help for foamy faucets?

C Nash

Re: Help for foamy faucets?

Oh no, how are we going to put up with the two of them now :eek: Hmm maybe we could buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think their worth :laugh: ;) JK :evil:

ironart

I'll bid $1.00 Or maybe that's too much.. :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

You can get DL for just a small smell of diesel fumes :laugh: or just mention Dogde and he'll come running :eek: haven't figured out what to bid on Kirk yet :laugh: ;)

My money is still on Len for the right answer. Come on Miller2302 let us know what you found. Don't be another 1 poster and not let us know or we may charge you for all this "expert" advice. :laugh:

ironart

Chelse,
My money is on the Antifreeze in the sink water filter..... :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not sure about the foaming but it would sure give a "Slimy" feel to the water.. :dead: :dead: :dead:

You should be able to smell it though........Maybe I'm hedging my bet........Wish I could find my Noodle.....I might come up with a better answer... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

I wish Jane would come back and let us know what it was. That would give us a hint as who was right on the response. :) ;)

Homer

Can't see the problem coming from the hot water tank as it would show up at all your water outlets. Sounds like something in the line dedicated to the kitchen sink. Having the problem in both the hot and cold supplies makes it even more interesting. The water filter - filters in your case - seem the likely source so you'll have to track the line to see if you have such critters. If you come across them, toss out the filter elements, do the bleach deal on the entire system, flush everything out, and install new filters.

Another source of the problem can also be lines off your kitchen piping. We have a pair of lines running off the sink to an outside shower. This creates dead legs after the sink that can easily collect all kinds of buggies as they are nice and warm and don't get flushed out at all. If you have any kind of piping after the sink, make sure you run your bleach solution through that as well.

Another option is that you have some strange pipe material that is deteriorating on you and giving you the cruddy material you see in the sink. If you have access to a local service, you can have the water tested for material and bug content and that can help you focus in on the needed fix.

Good luck and let us know how things get resolved.

Glenn NK

ironart - 9/7/2008 9:06 AM Chelse, My money is on the Antifreeze in the sink water filter..... :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm not sure about the foaming but it would sure give a "Slimy" feel to the water.. :dead: :dead: :dead: You should be able to smell it though........Maybe I'm hedging my bet........Wish I could find my Noodle.....I might come up with a better answer... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We had the same problem - the water came out foamy (both hot and cold), and had a strange smell, and seemed to get better if the tap was run for a few minutes. Every tap in the MH was the same.

Then we realized that we hadn't thoroughly flushed the antifreeze out of the system (it had been winterized). After about 1/2 hour or so of running all the taps while hooked up to a water supply, the problem disappeard completely.

try2findus

We are now experiencing the same problem with our water. Since we bought a 2007 model that had been sitting in the lot probably since the middle of 2006, we assume our problem may be bacteria.

We did not initially notice a problem in May when we bought it, but we were hooked up to campground water during most of the time we were in the new RV.

Since arriving home and having it sit for a month, we have noticed stinky and yes, foamy water.

I remembered reading this post a month or so ago and searched until I found it. (wasn't that hard to find) We will try your suggestions this weekend and we WILL let you know the outcome. THANKS!