Help on price

kirkl

Hello, first time poster here. Im looking at a 1978 21ft prowler TT. has fridge, heater, shower, toilet, sink. Its in good shape, shows no leaks, floor is solid. There asking $2850 and said the lowest they would go is 2650. You think a 78 is worth that much. I looked at it a month 1/2 ago and finally made a offer of 2200 but said 2650 is low as theyd go. Figure ill wait longer to see if it still doesnt sell and go back to them and see if theyll come down more.

Thanks

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
Help on price

Hello kirkl - Welcome,

According to my NADA Guide the Used Retail price is only $1440 (+ or - for optional equipment and repairs).

Good luck!
Cindy
RVUSA.com

kirkl

Help on price

Cindy, thanks, I was trying to find something like that but couldnt find it, is there a link i could go to to find the nada value on it so that I could print it off.

Thanks.

kirkl

Help on price

Hertig, ya i looked there so I probably have to go to a bank and print it out of the nada book huh.

sp

Help on price

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I bought my first TT in the spring of 02. It was a 76 shasta 21' and it cost me 2k. It had a big hole in the floor that I didn't notice under the bed. By the time I was done fixing the floor and dressing it up, I was up to 3K and that was doing everything by myself with help from my home friends and my new friends that I made on this site. (See pictures in my MSN mini web page listed in my signature below.) I did make sure that the furnace, fridge, stove, and water heater worked properly. It took some extra time, energy, material, and patients on the sellers part but it worked out. My point was, "if you want 2k you'll let me check it out!"

My newest is a 76 prowler 24" that cost me $800 in August 02. This one had a leaky roof in the bathroom and that portion of the ceiling needed to be replaced. I also rubber roofed sections of the roof and coated the whole thing. I took the new vinyl floor,the new inverter, and reupholstered cushions from the shasta and reused them in the prowler. I painted most of the interior(I had commercial papered the shasta)and the bottom section of the exterior. I also reuilt the furnace.

I believe you can throw the NADA book out the window on older models. If someone took care of it and updated it they will ask for more than book and I don't have a problem with that because I know what parts and material cost and the time it takes do fix or update something.

My rule of thumb is to do a little homework and see what else is out there in that price range and age. If you go on RV Trader.com and put in a price range from 1K to 3K you will get a cross country sampling of what is out there. Jot down which look good in the pictures, what needs work and so on. Then compare those to the one you are looking at. You'll be able to judge if it is worth it, no doubt. :)

I hope this helps.
Steve

sp

Help on price

Sorry,
My MSN page is listed in the header next to the date posted under the little house icon "visit sp's Homepage"

sp