HELP! Used RV Pricing info needed desperately!

LSmebak

I just sold my 1992 Holiday Rambler 1000 for a decent price. I wasn't looking to replace it right away, but saw a 2004 Monarch SE WKHSEDBD for sale. It has a bath and 1/2 and room for my dogs' crates. They're asking $79,900 for it. They sent pics, specs, etc. HOWEVER, their asking price is WAY above what I found in NADA at low retail and just below HIGH retail. They have it listed through a broker. ANy ideas at all about the TRUE pricing of Class A's? I've heard that NADA pricing is at least 20% above what it should be at LOW retail and can find NO one to help tell me about wholesale prices. RV dealers won't even give me a ball park about the trade in value unless I am willing to "bring it in" and buy a new one. I'm going to look at this on Friday, and want to be armed with some good info. Any help is appreciated!

hamdave

Re: HELP! Used RV Pricing info needed desperately!

Why in a hurry ? Call your bank/credit union. also it is an 'asking' price, you don't have to offer that number. I personally think the low - high NADA retail is about right most of the time. If you have the time, check out PPL motorhomes.com and see if they have a comparable rig. I sure would not worry about it being listed throu a 'broker'. Again your bank is your best bet, I believe.

cheers

hertig

Online NADA does not have wholesale, but the paper books do, both Blue Book and NADA. Your Bank/Credit Union should have copies you can look at, or your local library.

Retail price is what the average cost from a dealer is. Wholesale is what the dealer allegedly will pay for it. All prices assume that there is nothing but normal wear and tear on the unit; retail prices assume a full detail has been done.

So, from a dealer, I would shoot for low retail, and from a private party, wholesale or above, but not more than 1/2 way between wholesale and low retail. Again, anything more than normal wear and tear needs to be subtracted from any price listed.

hamdave

Again, check out pplmotorhomes.com, if you do a check against what they have sold and types of units, you will get a fair comparison. You should be
able to buy for less because, sellers have to pay commission for their service. Check with your bank/credit-union. they will tell you what its worth.
Your local library will have either the NADA book which shows wholesale.
cheers

wegorv

RE: HELP! Used RV Pricing info needed desperately!

Don't Be Stupid!

It does not matter what a book or bank said a motorhome is worth (Both books and banks do not buy motorhomes).

It only matters what the market is bringing!

You have to do your homework (study recent sales and spend 4-6 months watching certain model motorhomes for what they sold for) or pay the price.

;)

Steve Bernard

RE: HELP! Used RV Pricing info needed desperately!

John Mikle,

Why don't you tell LeeAnn where to obtain the info you speak of instead of disrespecting others with your comment?

Steve Bernard

rjann

Another good price comparison -- much bigger listings than pplmotorhomes.com -- is rvtraderonline.com.