Help with trip to US Marine Corp Museum, Quantico area

Ginger

Planning a trip soon and I am having trouble finding campground that will accomodate 40' motorhome in this area.

Would like to continue on to DC. What accomodations would you recommend in this area? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

DL Rupper

Re: Help with trip to US Marine Corp Museum, Quantico area

In DC the Cherry Hill Campground is pricey, but can accommodate your size RV.

Ginger

I noticed your sign off tag line SEMPER FI. We are going to the Quantico area to the Marine museum first. My marine won't miss this for sure. Have you been there and can you give me any info on campgroungs to stay that will be within driving distance of the museum? We can drive our toad to sightsee.

I will call Cherry Hill tomorrow for our accomodations there (DC area). Thanks for your input.

dennis1949

We stayed at the Frederricksburg KOA Rode train into DC. We went right pass there on the train. Nice quiet campground that can handle all sizes of RV
Dennis Carpenter

Ginger

Thanks for the info. I will call them tomorrow also to see about reservations.

DL Rupper

Hey Ginger, haven't been to the museum yet. Will be on our agenda on our next to the DC area. We went to DC about 10 years ago and visited all the sights. We stayed at Cherry Hill and took the bus to the Metro/subway. We never drove around the area if we could get there on the Metro. Check out the postings on Washington, DC, about 2/3 of the way down under Destinations.