helpful hints request

Dewar

My wife and I are about to head for Alaska with our Ford powerstroke turbo-diesel/35ft mountainaire 5th wheel.We are new to this,as this will be our first trip.We'll be traveling the month of October,2002.Any suggestions,personal experiences,etc????

Butch

helpful hints request

The best advice is to prepare your rig and yourselves for some brutally cold weather. And most likely the same driving conditions. We drive out every year in October and last year for example we ran a few days with the temp hung at about -19° F and snow and ice packed hiways for about the first 1200 miles or so. It's still a beautiful trip. Enjoy... :)

Happy Motoring, Butch
2000 Diplomat
1999 Grand Vitara+ toad

Dewar

helpful hints request

Butch,wow -19 is this the norm in October cuz we haven't heard it was that extreme in Oct? Did you stay in your rig? How did you prepare your rig? Where in alaska did uou go and from where? Which route do you take? We'd appreciate anything else you can share with us that could help us. Thanks--Alaska-bound

rv wizard

helpful hints request

We have some friend in Alaska now and they have emailed me their travel log and I have copied and pasted it on another web site. If you would like I can email it to you or you can read it on the iRV2.com site.

Mike & Amy - Fulltimers
Ashley & Candi at school
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser on Spartan M.M. 330 hp. & 6 spd. Allison
#3 & #8 NASCAR
www.rvwizard.irv2.com

lookn-ahead

helpful hints request

So how about an update on the Alaska trip?? Hope you guys didn't freeze up someplace and you have to winter in the RV. Bet the bugs aren't bothering you however. Let us that plan on making the trip know what is going on.
Hope you are doing great.