Hi Mileage MH For Sale

spat0961

I'm looking at a 1999 Airstream 33' class-A that is in excellent condition but has high mileage. I was assured they are traveled miles on interstate highways and never towing a toad. I hate to pass it up because it looks great and no outward signs of excessive wear. It is also in covered storage when not in use. I would appreciate comments pro and con. Thank you.

Bush70

Re: Hi Mileage MH For Sale

What is the mileage, engine, chassis. Would need to know this before we could give an opinion.

C Nash

Are service records available? Airstreams are great units IMO but they can also give problems.

spat0961

RE: Hi Mileage MH For Sale

I apologize. Chassis is Workhorse Chevy 8.1 litre with 73,500 miles. Service was mostly performed by the owner except for heavy stuff and high tech.
Thanks

C Nash

If the Mh has been service it should still have life left. Ask about type of oil, when has the transmission been serviced and check the brakes. Smell the transmission dip stick fluid for any burned smell. If not familar with mechanical things have a mechanic ck it out. Be sure all appliances and plumbing works. Shocks are probably needed and check tires for cracking and not just tread depth. Tire life is around 5 to 7 year regardless of tread left. The #s on the sidewall will give date of manufacture. Steering should also get a close inspection.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I am pretty sure GM did not have the 8.1 in 1999. In fact,I found a web sigte thatsays that engine came out in 2001. Check it out.

ARCHER

My old 89 Winn Chieftain has the 7.4L engine, Chevy Chassis. Only has 19K miles on it and still runs really good. Not very good gas milage, but it still runs good. About 6-8 MPG depending on how much is loaded or being pulled and up/down hills.