HiLo suspension

gardnermtn

Has anyone out there experienced or know of anyone who has experienced difficulties with a HiLo trailer suspension system?? I Just recently discovered that my Torsion suspension system on my 22 foot HiLo has gone bad and allowed the trailer to drop ~ 2 inches
allowing the tires to rub on the wheel well above the top of the tire and on the left front tire it wore thru the steel well,insulation and started wearing into a bundle of wires. In the rain it actually pumped water up into the floor area under the sink and in the kitchen isle.Corrective measures are now under way with HiLo,but the warranty is standing in the way. They say they have never had a recall-is it time? George Gardne rgmtn@waupacaonline.net

Poppa

HiLo suspension

George,
I don't know about your particular installation but most torsion assemblies have an adjustment by which the torsion bar can be adjusted as it relaxes.
There is normally a bolt at the opposit end of the torsion bar from the axle or wheel. If your rig has one, it is best and easiest to jack up the chassis to get some load off the tires before trying to make an adjustment, other than that check with the manufacturer.

gardnermtn

HiLo suspension

POPPA:
This is a 22 foottravel trailer (HiLo) not an auto and has no adjustment anywhere. The kit the mfgr suggests is a llength of 2" square tubing bolted in place with a plate after the trailer is disconnected from the old plate and jacked up in place. HiLo says that they may NOT be able to get the kit because they dont use the axle torsion company anymore that made the system(Duh I wonder why) They are sitting on their hands, delaing, making excuses why they cant get mfgr data necessary to exact the correct kit, I have to call them -they wont call me, I have sent them diagrams ,info, figures and data plate info. Its been almpost three weeks that they have trying to get the data from the mfg, which should have been on file at HiLo all the time. At this point I would NOT recommend the HiLo to anyone for the above reason although wehave gotten almost 20000miles out of it with only minor problems but all of them were stupid cheap tricks played when it was manufactured. G Gardner rgmtn@waupacaonline.net

Poppa

HiLo suspension

Reason I brought up the adjustment was I had several utility trailers that had torsion assemblies and they had adjustments. OOPs ont my TT call :blackeye:

turnipbwc

HiLo suspension

George,
I think I would be trading it in on something else. I have a 19' Roadtrek and just love it. Wouldn't have anything else. Good Luck.
Ray

gardnermtn

HiLo suspension

Hi Turnip42
I have to get the HILO repaired first but thanks, What do you have? a trailer, crank up what??