Holiday Rambler slider problems

Ed Vickers

Last September I had a problem with my holiday rambler slider. The laminate under the slider came loose which prevented the slider from working properly. I took it to Northtrail RV in Ft. Myers, FL and they fixed it up. It cost $1000. I have put the slider out three times since then and now the laminate has peeled back again. I took it to Northtrail RV again and they want about another $1000 to fix it. Is this going to be a yearly problem with Holiday Ramblers? Last time I had this problem, a salesman that sold holiday rambler told me that it wasn't but this seems like a problem in production to me? Any helpful comments?

C Nash

what year HR? Sounds like you may have a leak that is causing the problem. Check for any water driping from under the slide during rain. Window is the most likely place but reseal all the seams and mouldings. Ck the tape on top of the slide. let us know

Craig

Ditto to slider problem. I have a 96 HR and two of the planks (and subfloor)under the slide have deteriorated. In order to extend, retract the slide, I have to hold the planks down while my wife pushes the switch. I received two stories from service managers at a HR dealership in Arizona: 1)the slide has to be removed and floor replaced ($5400.); 2)the "L" on the slide can be removed, braces supported, and slide pushed up (no estimate). Other than a dealership, I am looking for suggestions as to how the damaged planks can be repaired at a reasonable cost.

T. Craig

C Nash

T. Craig,
For that kind of price think I would find a way to replace it myself. Seems as though the floor on the slide could be replaced from inside the RV but, it is probably installed with the sides on top. Guess this is another downside to having slides. Probably going to hear a lot more of these kind of problems. Keep us posted on how you solve the problem