Hoping someone can help

NewRVFamily

Let me first apologize in advance if someone else wrote this and I missed it in my search. We just purchased a 1999 Georgie Boy Pursuit (literally we flew from VA to OH and drove that beast back thru the mountains, yeah that was interesting). Anyway, when we were checking everything out with the previous owner, he turned on the AC unit and it blew extremely cold air, later on in the day when we stopped for lunch, we tried to turn it on and to our surprise there was no longer any air coming out. We have it on cool, auto, and below room temp. We had the generator on for about 3-5 minutes before trying to turn it on too (like the manual said) still nothing. The fan comes on, just not the air. We checked the circuits and fuses, and we believe everything looks okay. The generator works, because other things will come on. I'm highly confused, and was hoping someone might have some sort of advice, suggestions, something.

Thanks
The New RV Family

:question: :question: :question: :question:

utmtman

Re: Hoping someone can help

I can one only one suggestion and it may be corrected already. The small chance that the unit could have froze. And thus setting until it cools down than try it again. Good luck, I hope that is all it is.

Kirk

As an owner of a Georgie Boy product (we have a 98 Cruise Master) I think that I know what the problem is. With the Pursuit, Georgie Boy did not usually install any 120 volt power transfer device. What you do is when you disconnect the shore power, store the plug on the end of your cord in an outlet that is mounted in the bay with your power cord. That outlet is connected to the output from your generator set.

Check to see and if yours isn't in that outlet, look to see if you do not have one to put it in.

TexasClodhopper

Aw, that reminds me of when I did that very thing the first time we went out. I just rolled my cord up and stuffed it into that little bay where the generator receptacle is. Neglected to plug it in. When we stopped for a little lunch later on, I just couldn't figure out what had happened. No breakers blown and the generator was on and running. I gave up, and we had cold sandwiches.

Then when we stopped at the RV park, I had one of those 'slap the forehead' V8 moments! :laugh:

larryccf1

RE: Hoping someone can help

actually, pretty smart way to do it
at least eliminates the transfer switch from the equation, one less item to give problems

was actually thinking of making a simple breaker setup to isolate shore power from gen power and forego the transfer switch, but that one's simpler

Kirk

larryccf1

It is also much safer. If you did a manual circuit breaker be sure to get one that has a single breaker with two choices for power. To just use two circuit breakers is to risk great danger in the chance that you would ever forget to open one, before closing the other. The outlet way is safe because you can't make that mistake.