house battery

#1
Need help with house battery. I thought the battery was bad, but carried it to Auto Zone, They checked it and said it just needed charging. I charged it for about 16 hours, put it back in and no power for lights,etc. Of course I get power when I crank the generator. What should I do next? There is a cutoff switch for the main and house battery which seems to work on the main battery. Could there be a problem with the cutoff switch on the house battery? What do I do next except take it to a rv shop? Many, many thanks. By the way it's a 1991 Pace arrow m/h.
 

LEN

Senior Member
#2
Re: house battery

Is the cutoff switch manual or one that has a cellanoid(SP) in either case check for voltage on the coach side of the switch. Also check for voltage on the coach side of the main fuse.

LEN
 
#4
RE: house battery



I can't help you much with this. I'm sure the house lights etc should mostly be run from 12v house batts directly. LEN's suggestion of a 'cutoff switch' seems to be logical. If you can get to the guts of the switch a meter check to see if its passing power when toggled may lead you to problem. I don't have a batt cutoff switch on my Damon, so I don't have this as an issue.



Sorry can't be any more help than this



dave
 
#5
Re: house battery

Thanks, I was able to get in the toggle switch and there appears to be fuses inside. I'm going to get someone that knows a liitle more, no make that a lot more, than I do to trace the problem from there. I hope it is as simple as a blown fuse. Thanks for your help.
 
#6
RE: house battery

Took my m/h home in to dealer today to check with the no lights, etc from house battery. Just noticed when checking the inverter switch was in "on" position. Could that be my problem? Agaib, any help would be appreciated.
 

Kirk

Senior Member
#7
Re: house battery

I don't see why the inverter would have any impact on your problem. If you would, post what they find at the dealer.
 
#8
Re: house battery

Well the rv dealer called today. Turns out it was a bad solenoid, but they had to do a lot of traceing to find the problem. Parts and labor about $214.00. Oh well, maybe I can get some use out of it now. Thanks for your thoughts and help.
 
Top