HOW ABOUT WIDE BODIES

BobbieLS52

ok here goes:>)I know they are illegal on some roads but curious to what others say about driving them, if in an accident will insurance cover if not on a legal road, and just plain how many drive them..we are just across the border in southern new york state and in Pennsylvania not legal and we have family in PA..would definitly be traveling those road.we are looking at smaller class Cs and they seem to be making almost all in WB:>(I know I am running on here..but please if you can answer any of the questions here would be appreciated..
Safe Travels
BobbieLS52

HOW ABOUT WIDE BODIES

As far as we know, the "wide body" designation is the norm instead of exception for Class C & A. The only restrictions/illegal we're aware of would be in posted parks that cannot accomodate the size (usually area too primitive, or length prohibits or no RVs allowed).
We travel PA frequently by car and have never seen a sign prohibiting "wide body"....check your camping guides or AAA travel guide. :)
Several years ago the "wide body" WAS restricted, but no longer seems to even be mentioned.

Browzin

HOW ABOUT WIDE BODIES

quote:Originally posted by BobbieLS52

ok here goes:>)I know they are illegal on some roads but curious to what others say about driving them, if in an accident will insurance cover if not on a legal road, and just plain how many drive them..we are just across the border in southern new york state and in Pennsylvania not legal and we have family in PA..would definitly be traveling those road.we are looking at smaller class Cs and they seem to be making almost all in WB:>(I know I am running on here..but please if you can answer any of the questions here would be appreciated..
Safe Travels
BobbieLS52

Here is a web site that list the size limits & laws
http://www.wecamp2.com/size.html
Check it out, it will answer alot of questions.

Browzin

Gary B

HOW ABOUT WIDE BODIES

Hi BobbieLS52, welcome to the forum, wide body rv are legal on all federal hiways, this includes all interstate hiways and all hiways with the US designation such as US 59 or US route 60, and many states now have a 102" legal with on their routes. Where you may get into trouble is in the NE on the narrow township/county roads, I know that AZ's legal width on the state roads is 96" but they very seldom ticket a rv unless your in violation of something else. Most states would rather have your tourist dollars. Have fun traveling. :) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

BobbieLS52

HOW ABOUT WIDE BODIES

ok thanks for the info ..I guess it would be difficult driving around always reading check and wondering if your in the right or wrong of it all:>(
BobbieLS52