how do i properly use my leveling system?

13Bravo

I have a hydraulic leveling system. It is called leveleze. First, is there a wrong way to use it? Second, there are green lights at the top and red lights at the bottom, are the green lights telling me that I am level or that I need to adjust the corners that are lit? Are the red lights telling me to stop or that I am not level? The owners manual is very vague, actually it does not mention the lights other than where they are located. Is it possible to damage other systems (plumbing or holding tanks)if not used properly? Can I twist or stress the frame?

G

RE: how do i properly use my leveling system?

on most leveling sytems the green lights show that the jacks are up and the red is for jacks down ,,, i'm not to familure with the leveleze ,, but let me ask this ..
Does it have the 4 joystick type levers ,, or is it buttons ,, if were automatic all u would have to do is hit a button and bang ,, u'r level ..
I'd try this ,,, get a good rv level ,, u can by form CW or WM and try out the levelers ,, and watch the level at the same time ,, if the level shows level front to back then ck what the lights say ,, do this the same way for the side to side level ,,, as far a damage goes ,, yes u could stress some point of the rv to break something else ,, but i think it would have to be pretty extreme ... post us back on u'r findings ,, cause were here to help :approve: :)

Kirk

Re: how do i properly use my leveling system?

You do want to use care as it is possible to stress things if you were to lift improperly. I am not familiar with what you have so hesitate to advice, but will say that you need to use care to first get all jacks touching the ground but not lifting. Then lift first either the low side or the low end using both jacks on the side being lifted. Then shift to the other low side/end and lift it to level again using both jacks on that side/end. Of course, this is assuming that you have a four jack system. If you have only three jacks you then do things one jack at a time.

G

Good point Kirk :)

13Bravo

I have the 4 joystick type levelers. where is the ideal place to put the rv level? It came with a small round level, about the size of a quarter but i am not sure where to put it at. It also seems very small for trying to level 33 ft. Is it possible or practical to change it from the manual joysticks to the automatic type leveling system. I am in an 85 holiday rambler Imperial. I am in the process of updating the interior. All of the mechanical and plumbing systems are in good working order, but would love to have a magic button that does the leveling for me. While I have your attention, is there anything about the Holiday Rambler that I may need to keep an eye on? Any common problems that you may know of. My wife and I are in the construction field. we renovate hotels all over the country and use our rv every day. We run the generator about 14 hours a day, with normal maintenence, can the generator handle this use. It is an onan genset 6.5. Thank you for any information you can provide. One more question if you dont mind. Where is a good place to shop for my interior projects? (cabinets, furniture, tables, lights etc...) Thanks again

MS&IS

G

as far as the leveling thingy ,, get a good level from camp world or walmart ,, and then put it in the center most of u'r rv and go from there.. the automatic thing will take some redoing to do ,, in other words u will have to update the whole leveling unit ,, i myself would stick with what u got ,,, as for the genset ,, don't worry about the use ,, they are better if used under load than sitting...
as far as materials ,, u can get most of the common stuff at HD and Lowes ,, but as far as the cabinets go ,, unless u can build them urself then u need to seek out a cabinet maker ,, due to the fact that the MH is smaller and the anchor points are different ,, i myself do rv repairs and remodels ,, i have a cabinet maker that i call for the cabinets ,, the appliances i move around myself and then redo the plumbing and electrical...
but from what u have posted u have enough knowledge on the remodel that ,, IMO u can do it urself ,, it's really not any different than a small hotel room ,, just lower ceilings ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13Bravo

Thank you both. This site is a gold mine of information!!!!!!!!!!!

brodavid

Dave told me to go back into the forum and skip over the shoe salesman and read all of your comments and questions. Boy, can you learn alot from all of you,
Thanks to all from
ms jackie

G

see he still knows his way around the old forum ,, i bet he'll be telling u how to drive the rv next JK... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :clown: