How does one pick an RV?

DL Rupper

Re: How does one pick an RV?

2006 or older diesels have most of the bugs worked out. The 2007 and newer models have new engines and could have some bugs. The 2003 and newer Dodges CTD have good auto transmissions. Older (02 and older) Dodge CTD have weak Auto transmissions. The manual is good in all older Dodges. GM diesels favor the Allison auto transmission. Haven't seen any manuals in GM model diesels. The Ford 6.0L Power Stroke diesel has had lots of problems.

G

hey DL u forgot to mention the brakes on the older Dodges ,, they did not hold up to the truck ,, u would do a brake job twice if u were towing something and usalually u had to replace the rotors also,,, :eek:

DL Rupper

I didn't actually think about it, but my 95 Dodge CTD did have problems with the rear drum brakes and the ABS didn't work worth a *&%$. The newer all disc ABS brake system has been great. I still have the original disc brakes all around at 88 K miles. They were checked recently and still good to go. The "Banks Exhaust Brake" really helps. That and making sure I keep a good distance between obstacles in front. You know little cars/sharp turns/traffic lights. The 5er doesn't stop on a dime, so I try not to make the brakes work to hard. ;) :laugh:

My 95 had a manual switch operated "Pac Exhaust Brake" that only worked when it felt like it. The newer computer controled exhaust brake systems are much, much better. Wouldn't drive in the mountains without one. I can coast down a 7% grade in 5th gear, with the 5er behind, and never touch the brakes. :)