how plexi-glass or shrink wrap screen rv door

firenurse

Does any know the best way to convert a screened fifth wheel door into a "storm" door with shrink wrap, plexi-glass or other material.
thanks!!!

C Nash

Hi firenurse,
I made one with lexan, lighter than plexiglass but more expensive. I cut th lexan to fit the screen portion then used the brackets that mount mirrors on walls to secure. Worked great :approve:

rv wizard

Hardware stores sell the shrink type plastic with dbl. sided tape included. just cut to fit and then use hair drier to tighten it up. The lexan or plexiglass will be more durable.

Krazeehorse

???? Are you planning on leaving the outside door open? If you are only trying to save some heat I would speculate you are wasting your time and money. I doubt the increased R value will be noticeable.

C Nash

Works great Krazeehorse :approve: Like to leave the door open in summer and it keeps the ac in and yes it helps on heat. Same principle as the storn door on your home :)

Russc

Fire nurse,

DW also like to keep the door open, so I took my screen door off, and took it to a local glass shop. Had them remove the screen and replace it with smoke colored plexiglass. They did and excellent job and it works great.