How to Blog

TexasClodhopper

I tried out the new Blog feature. Works purty good, too.

I couldn't find an obvious way to change the "Category" field from "Uncategorized" to something that I created.

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
TexasClodhopper;73788 said:
I tried out the new Blog feature. Works purty good, too.

I couldn't find an obvious way to change the "Category" field from "Uncategorized" to something that I created.

Hey Tex,

I've created a category for "Funny" and "Annoucements". Now that they are there when you enter a blog post make sure you scroll down and select the category before posting it b/c you won't be able to edit it once it's posted. If you need more categories entered, let me know.

Cindy :)

TexasClodhopper

I'm trying to find a reason to use the "blog" function. I'm not going to spend a lot of time adding stuff that I can't categorize. The user can create the category, but can't add it to the blog? It doesn't make any sense that the user would have to call on you to create categories for their blog. I think it's supposed to work with "local" categories.

Oh Boy, that sure is useful! Me thinks the techs need to get a taste of your whip! :D

Cindy Spencer;73862 said:
I've created a category for "Funny" and "Annoucements". Now that they are there when you enter a blog post make sure you scroll down and select the category before posting it b/c you won't be able to edit it once it's posted. If you need more categories entered, let me know.

brodavid

how to blog

I think you are doing great, just a few bugs and after they are gone it will be great