how to clean your black water tank

Kirk

Re: how to clean your black water tank

Glenn NK,

You can do as the self-appointed expert Bruni suggests, or just grind up a lot of dollar bills really fine and dump them into your tank. In both cases, if you use enough water to really dilute the stuff you put in it will then pass on through and harm nothing. And the whole process may make you feel better as well as making it much easier to walk since your wallet will weigh less! :dead:

Now we can just sit back and watch the attack~!

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: how to clean your black water tank

I did a word search on the Bruni Geo Method and no where does he call himself an 'expert', self-appointed or otherwise. However, since you, Kirk, are also claiming that water, water, water, is the sole key to keeping your waste tank clean, then aren't you being a self-appointed 'expert' as well? I can't believe you get so worked up over a little detergent and water softener, lol.

Once again I must say, unless you have actually tried this method and compared it to the method you use, then you have no basis in fact on whether this method works or not. That would be like me telling someone not to try product X because product Y is so much better, even though I have never tried product X. That's one-sided. So, I don't feel you are being fair and honest in your assessment of the situation.

If at some point you decide to try it, document the results, post them here in this forum, then and only then will I take you seriously on this topic. JMHO.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Here we go again.........SB

I can say that I flush with water, water, water and I have no problems. I use a back flusher that I made myself, like the Camco Dual Flush Pro, and when the water comes out clean, the tank is clean.

I do some of the things described like driving sometimes with a few gallons of water in the tank and I always dump from dirtiest to cleanest. I also let the tanks fill before dumping. I never let the black tank run open. I have also never had to use ice, but I can see how it would work and have recommended it several times.

Now maybe when a tank has not been done correctly from the beginning this method will really clean the tank, I have yet to have to do that myself. I did have to really clean a gray tank a few years ago and I put in blue chemical and drove around. That worked for that situation.

SB, Kirk has given LOTS of free GOOD advise here. In my opinion, you CAN keep your tanks clean without the cost of Calgon or some other detergents.

H2H1

now she telling us how to clean out black tanks, before it was how great FR was, will she ever stop being the expert and just add some important advice :( :(

Kirk

You have to understand that self proclaimed experts tend to hang out together and to support each other!

Now just why would anyone start to buy products and pour them into the toilet, when there is no need to do so unless their wallet was too heavy? Why try to fix things that are not broken? In my RV, I don't even have to pay the water bill so I feel quite free to use lots of it and that is all that is needed. I can find plenty of places to spend my money without buying stuff just to dump it down the toilet!  Is this really a smart thing to do? :evil:

C Nash

I did try the method just to say I had tried even though I didn't need it. Guess what, my sensor level quit working :eek: :laugh: probably had nothing to do with the sensor as they are not very reliable to start with but I used the water, water, water method that I always use and it started working again :laugh: Know there will be some that say we are abusing the water usage but in truth we rvers use a lot less water than when at home. When out west in the areas that had to conserve I did abide by the less water. Thats when I tried the calgon method. Just my experience.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: how to clean your black water tank

H2H1
?
#Posted 9/13/2008 7:12 PM (#48453 - in reply to #48451)
Subject: Re: how to clean your black water tank

Midland, Ga.now she telling us how to clean out black tanks, before it was how great FR was, will she ever stop being the expert and just add some important advice

END QUOTE

Now Hollis, just tell me where in my post did I say I was an expert, or where was I telling you how to clean your black tanks? Point out the sentence.

I was re-posting something I found after doing a search on this forum. I stated that this was probably the information that was hinted at and that I used this method. I never said you must use this method. Funny how you just jumped over everything I actually said and posted an answer to the post you made up in your head, lol. I claimed no expert knowledge, only my opinion that I have tried it and it worked for me. BTW (by the way) JMHO means: just my humble opinion.

I must say I do value Nash’s post for his honesty. He tried the method and found it didn’t work for him. That is truthful and fair. So, when he says he doesn’t like the method or wouldn’t recommend it, I believe him because he’s ‘been there, tried that’.

C Nash

I wouldn't even say the method want work because I really didn't have a problem. I'll admit that the smell of the gray water tank was not as bad with the fabric softener in it :) if you have a problem with your tanks try it if not leave it alone. when fulltiming I would guess you use a lot more water than when just weekending.

rodskid

I'd like to try the Calgon method but all the Calgon I've seen is bubble bath or moisturizing bath. Is there just a water softening version of it? What isle at Walmart would you find it in? Thanks!

DL Rupper

Calgon is in the laundry soap/conditioner section at Wal-Mart. It runs about $4.75/bottle.

C Nash

Wal marts move everything ever day so you will have to search and then you will probably find something else to buy also :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: