How to ignore posters

TexasClodhopper

For those irritating and/or foul mouth posters (even me if you choose!)

The best way is to click on their name to the leftin a post. You will get their profile. In the bottom right you will see "Add/remove this user to your ignore list".

Everything they type (or have typed) will not show.

You won't be tempted to get into a flame war or have to cover your computer screen when reading this forum.

G

Re: How to ignore posters

ok well i guess i'm on the s---- list now ,, hey i know 2 also ,,let's see one is T and the other is G ,, JK :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: ;)
Thanks Tex ,, i know most will read this post and others will ignore :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: ;)

TexasClodhopper

Think about it.

The two problem posters can post ANYTHING they want to. All I see is a blank post. If the moderators want to read their crappy posts, that's their problem. I don't want to.

If EVERYONE 'ignored' them, it would be like setting them down on that tall rock structure in Monument Valley in Utah.

DL Rupper

Hey tex, I didn't click on the bad link so I guess I ignored it and the poster.

elkhartjim

1st time ever, but I've placed two names on ignore list. How sad its gotten to this. Thanks friends and I hope we can get back tohaving some fun and helping each other....lord knows I need help.

H2H1

well my 1st time to. Got one on the list and hope I don't have to do it again. Thanks TC

Shadow

It's a shame it has come to this. Just proves a few bad apples can ruin a forum. I have been a member of this forum for years. And have had a few disagreements with members, but not once have I ever got to the point where I would just turn off a posters opinion. Lets not let two posters ruin our fun on this forum. The advice and opinion on this board have been priceless. Lets just delete the bad posters and get back to what makes this a great site. Sound advice by some very experienced people. Opinions, which everyone has. And a ton of BS and poking fun. If you feel like you don't want to participate, well there are other forums out there and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Shadow

Sure did Ken. Sorry I should have got back with you. Sure going to miss not making it to the open house. But will not have a excuse next year !!!

TexasClodhopper

For those irritating and/or foul mouth posters (even me if you choose!)

The best way is to click on their name to the left in a post. You will get their profile. In the bottom right you will see "Add/remove this user to your ignore list".

Everything they type (or have typed) will not show.

You won't be tempted to get into a flame war or have to cover your computer screen when reading this forum.

Think about it.

The two problem posters can post ANYTHING they want to. All I see is a blank post. If the moderators want to read their crappy posts, that's their problem. I don't want to.

If EVERYONE 'ignored' them, it would be like setting them down on that tall rock structure in Monument Valley in Utah.

oldhippie

:cool: Say Tex,I'm probly one of those people that will be ignored.I ramble a lot.Then theres times I forget what
subject were talking about.Now what was the question?
:approve:

G

hey John ,, don't sweat it ,, we all foget the questions ,, but we only ignore the ones that have more than opinions to say,, all of us (most) can take a little harassing ,, but when it get's personal ,, we hit the big RED BUTTON ,, the ignore button ,,, but don't u worry ,, i believe u'r not going to be on anyones ignore list ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

730, what is a Little Harassing when it deals with you,, JK
GOD BLESS EVERYONE EVEN THE FOUL POSTERS,

G

OK dave ,, keep it up and u'r gonna be on my BIG RED BUTTON list ,, u'r pushing a little to far this time ,, and if u mention ONE MORE TIME that u'r temps are warmer than mine ,, THAT"S IT for u ,,,,, :clown: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) :clown: JK :cool:

TexasClodhopper

Rod if brodavid is bothering you, because you can't stand missing out on his good weather in MB, then the best way is to click on his name to the left in a post. You will get his profile. In the bottom right you will see "Add/remove this user to your ignore list". This works on any member.

Everything he types (or has typed) will not show. AND if you are getting nasty private messages (PMs) you can send a PM to "cinnister" or "Webmaster" and they will put an IGNORE on that too!

You won't be tempted to get into a flame war or have to cover your computer screen when reading his forum posts. All you will see is a blank post.

Think about it. You won't have to use the BIG RED BUTTON ever again!

(Of course, I'm just kidding about mah friend Dave! :) )

It seems like this is a football forum with all of the talk of flamming! Hopefully, I don't have to experience the trash talking. I am coming on this board to meet new folks(RV' ers) and to get more educated on MH's, especially the one (Damon Challenger) I am about to purchase.

DL Rupper

We joke a lot and every once in a while someone's opinion isn't appreciated by someone else. Usually we all get along really well. :laugh: