How To Reply

Old Forum Post

We've noticed that the main problem with this new forum is how to reply to a post. I will try to explain this as simple as possible.

Depending on whether or not you are logged in, you will have different options. When you view a post, there are a row of icons at the top of the post. The 2 we will be dealing with now are
icon_reply_topic_quote.gif
and
icon_reply_topic.gif

icon_reply_topic_quote.gif
, also known as 'Reply with Quote', is used to include another post in your post for use as reference. This is particularly useful if the thread is getting long and you want to reply to a post towards the beginning.

icon_reply_topic.gif
, 'Reply', will probably be the most used of the two. This will allow you to give a straight reply to the thread.

If you are logged in when you are viewing posts, you will have the reply icons at the top of each post as well as a link at the bottom of the thread called 'Reply to Topic'. This link does the same as clicking
icon_reply_topic.gif

I hope this tip has helped you in using RVUSA.com forum. Always remember the FAQ at http://www.rvusa.com/forum/main/faq.asp Check back periodically for more tips and tricks. Let us know if there is something not fully covered that you would like explained better!

Webmaster,
RVUSA.com

alberta

How To Reply

:) HELLO IM NEW IM SURE YOU CAN TELL I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION ON FULL TIME LIVING.WE ARE 62 & 68 BOTH MARRIED FOR 2nd TIME. 7 CHILDERN BETWEEN US. WE ARE THINKING of SELLING ALL OF OUR "STUFF" & GETTING AN RV TO LIVE IN THE REST OF OUR LIVES. WE HAVE MARRIED CHILDERN IN SEVERAL STATES THAT HAVE THEIR HOMES & LAND. THEY HAVE TOLD US WE CAN PARK ON THEIR PROPERTY AT ANY TIME. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE RV YET. IM WONDERING IF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA? IS ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE SAME BOAT? HOW IS IT GOING FOR YOU?

turnipbwc

How To Reply

Alberta,
Do you own an RV now or just starting out new ? If you never been in an RV you better rent one first and go away for a week to see if you like the RV life. Some people jump in with cold feet just to find out its not for them.....then what, your house has been sold and no where to go home to.
turnip42