Hurricane 30Q

kitfoxjh

I would like to hear from some 30Q owners about handling characteristics of their MH. I am kicking around the idea of getting one, but they aren't rated very well with RV consumer group. I would be looking at new and probably the Ford chassis. Thanks, John H....

Hurricane 30Q

Will be watching the replies also. We have Four Winds "C" by Thor, 29' and are looking to upgrade to "A", Hurricane or Windsport are front runners. Appearance-wise, the Hurricane has made huge improvement recently. Have read same ratings but think this rig deserves another look for the money. Thor rates high in our opinion based on our RV. Impressive factory tour also. You might consider adding a slide tho', makes a big difference on longer trips. :laugh:

rookierv

Hurricane 30Q

Four Winds has completely changed the looks of the Hurricane. They offer the comforts and quality of a higher end RV with a lower price tag. As for the chassis, Ford does not have a good name but they have redesigned their chassis to be able to compete with the Workhorse. In my opinion they are very comparable to the workhorse(workhorse does still have the upperhand though) The Ford chassis is a great option if you want to save 8-10k.

kitfoxjh

Hurricane 30Q

I don't understand why the WH is more money than the Ford. The GVW on the Ford is 15,700 and gross combined is 26,000. On the WH the GVW is 15,000 and gross combined is only 19,000. NCC on the Ford is 2660 and WH only 2475. The Ford can haul and tow more. The V-10 in my motorhome now has lots of power. Am I missing something? Also the RVCG rating (Hurricane-30Q) although very low is higher on the Ford chassis.

jbburtch

Hurricane 30Q

Why don't you consider a Winnebago Sightseer or a Tiffin Allegro ? Both higher rated by RVCG.

bershherger

Hurricane 30Q

Hi, I would never buy a Workhorse as they break down at every turn. Ford chassis is much more dependable. For the money, Hurricane is a god buy since FW has re-designed!!!!