I-10 Safe to drive?

alicat96

Anyboby know if I-10 is open and driveable from Houston to Jacksonville, Florida?

Al and Teddy the Border Collie

Kirk

Re: I-10 Safe to drive?

It is rough in La. but it is open. Today it reopened between San Antonio and El Paso as well, now that the ice has all melted.

hertig

Do they still have the problem with Police in LA pulling people over and robbing them? Haven't heard about this happening for a while now so hopefully it has been quashed.

TexasClodhopper

hertig, I've been going into Louisiana on business trips from Houston for 30 years. I've been from Shreveport to Alexandria to New Orleans to Morgan City. I've worked on the ground and in the sky. I've had/have contact with at least 1000 different people from Louisiana in all walks of life (including law enforcement),

and I've NEVER met anyone that was "pulled over and robbed" by the police.

hertig

That's good. There was a story going around about that just about the time I was driving through on I10 several (10) years ago. I think it was on the news, but my memory is not really good, so it may have just been a rumor or an 'urban myth'.

DL Rupper

I liked the urban myth. It put a little excitement in the trip through Louisiana. Actually I read about the bad small town police that pulled RV'ers over to get bribes/payoffs in either TrailerLife or HighWays magazine a few years ago. They said at the time to avoid unnecessary trips on I-10 and I-20 through there. I believe I-20 was rated the worse :laugh: