I Need Stories & Tips!!!

NewbieGirl

Okay. Anyone with a story about your RV adventures - where you went, interesting people you met, animals you encountered, lessons you learned, moments that you treasure - please share it! I think that we'll all enjoy reading some of the crazy journeys we all have made, and I think that I could use our combined experiences to convert the unconverted!! Looking forward to the replies...J.

P.S. Got some good tips? from RV cooking to mechanical know-how - tell it to us! Like my name suggests, I'm a Newbie, so I want to learn from everyone else's mistakes and experiments! :)

J.

C Nash

I Need Stories & Tips!!!

Hard to determin the greatest but will go with the latest. We had just purchased our 2002 HR vacationer and was really wanting to try it out. Problem, we have to take care of my 103 year young Mother-in-LAW!! We had planned on taking her and my 88 year old mother with us on a trip to California, we are in Alabame, but decided we had better try closer home first. Good decision. Why not the North Ga mountains during the fall. All loaded up and one mile from home mother asks where are we? We had to stop at the camper place in Birmingham to pick up a part and the 103 year old wanted to know if we were going to stay here, looked kind of crowded to her. Leaving B/Ham they wanted to know if we were about there? Though I was through with that when kids grew up!! California's not looking to good! Wanted to know when were we going to eat? :bleh: . Crossed the Ga line and they wanted to know if we would be back home tomorrow :( Mother had decided she need to do her volenteer work tomorrow :eek: . NO WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN MOTHER!! :angry: . Well I need to use the bathroom when we stop. You can use that thing back there mother it's a bathroom! YELLS "I can't use this with you moving" MH stops "OK MOM". MH pulls off, 103 year old says "I need to go now but, can't walk with this thing moving" :angry: MH stops. Beginning to think, wonder if I can turn this thing around :8ball: NO, we are going to have fun :) . Wife says "shut up and drive" Beginning to sweat, maybe if I turn on the air cond they will go to sleep. Wrong, "I'm cold". COVER UP. Wife says "stop yelling" Finally made it to Fort Mountain State Park and pull in the campsite. Both grannies grap their purse and head for the door wanting to know wher they are going to stay. Guess they are looking for a motel. Right here I tell them in as plesent a voice as I can muster. "WHAT IN THESE WOODS!! Has anyone ever tried to sleep in a 32 ft MH with two grannies. Finally took four of the wifes sleeping pills and was even thinkig of taking up drinking :disapprove: Next day was a carbon copy of first so no details. Same with the night. Told Betty we was going home and even she did not argue. None stop back to Alabama. THERE WILL BE NO CALIFORNIA TRIP :laugh: Guess what? I wouldn't take a millions dollars for the memories :approve: Now for the time we took them flying for the frist time on the 103 b/day :eek: Oh well, already to long a post

rv wizard

I Need Stories & Tips!!!

Our annual trek (We leave Tuesday) is to Speed Weeks at Daytona where we have the same reserved spot(infiled turn 2) for many years. We have become great friends with many of the people that return year after year so it is also like a family reunion. We all pitch in different foods and have a blast. Watch races in the day and sit around the fire at night. We usually get a drivers winner pool going and we set up horse shoes in a big open area in the middle of the motorhomes. A couple years ago we all consolled each other after the death of Dale Earnhardt. We would not miss this race week for anything unless it gets so expensive we can't afford it but so far we have. Can't wait for Tuesday.
A good tip: When your refrigerator needs defrosting (every couple months) this is also a good time to equalize the battery bank since you have to shut down all the 12 volt apparatuses to prevent damage. It takes 8 hours using the inverters with this capability.

NewbieGirl

I Need Stories & Tips!!!

Fantastic!! C.Nash - you make me laugh. I WANT to know the story of the 103 years olds birthday flight, do tell! Need more stories!! :laugh:

Bharney

I Need Stories & Tips!!!

Traveling the Dakotas, I wanted to see the burning coal mine which was ignited by lighting in the 1800's and burned for over 100 year. Change the climate of the area and juniper bushs grew into trees.
Thirteen miles on a dusty gravel road. My sister toad looked like a pile of dirt on wheels.
Arriving at the site, The fire was OUT!!!!!!
It was a nice area and no cost to camp, although disappointed, stayed several days and hiked the countryside anyways.
Bill Harney

C Nash

I Need Stories & Tips!!!

Don't know NewbieGirl, might not should get into the flying grannies on the rv board :( . Maybe we need a campfire chat. What do you think webmaster?