I seen it but it's still hard to believe

Micah

Yep, washing the sewer hose with the fawcet. The first one I seen unhooked the sewer line and pulled it up over the hose fawcet as far as it would go. No gloves either. After he was finished he climbed into his MH and drove off, no way could he have washed his hands.
The second guy was holding the drain line up to the trailer connection while it dumped, ( no gloves) weird. While it was still draining some( on to the concrete) he unhooked his drinking water hose and proceded to wash the black line by pushing it at least 2 feet inside. After he had everything ready to go he came back to close the black valve. He was fooling with something underneath and set his travel coffee mug down in the wet place where the sewer had drained.
I thought DW was going to get sick. She now understands why I am so fussy about cleaning the water fawcet before I even touch it. Jerry

Kirk

Re: I seen it but it's still hard to believe

I carry a mix of chlorine bleach and water in a spray bottle that I use on the hydrant each time before I connect. I spray it down as soon as I arrive, then connect the power with it soaks. I flush it with some water before I then connect.

DL Rupper

RE: I seen it but it's still hard to believe

I use 90% alcohol to spray everything including the connections on my fresh water hose. I'm sure the chlorine works great, but I'm always getting everything I touch on my clothes, and I don't particularly like bleached out clothes.

Micah

Kirk- I use clorine also, same procedure as you do.
Rupper- alcohol sounds like a good idea , I have several pairs of socks now that are speckled, I'll just keep them for the RV. Anyone who sees them will understand, and if they don't, I guess they will just have to wonder.
DW and I were just out to the TT to look at something and she wants to know when " are we going out again" ? Thats pretty good for a gal who a yr. ago had never been out and was very apprehensive when we started our trip.
One more thing, I want to thank all you guys for the advise I have found here it has made out travels a lot better. You all have given me occation to have a good laugh at times also. Keep the shiny side up, Jerry

Micah

I kind of like Jack Daniels , but Jim Beam would work. Seems like a terrible waste either way . Think I'll stick to the chlorine. Jerry

Kirk

I put either Jim or Jack into my drinking water just in case any germs have made it through the water system. It's just a health precaution, you know.