Icebox flood

utmtman

We pulled into Utah yesterday evening and after I got set up I noticed water running down the fridge door and opened the freezer and it was full of water. It seems the ice maker was stuck open or was allowing water to run and not shut off. Its a norcold. I have the ice maker unpluged right now and plan to defrost freezer today and check it out to see if its working properly and it was a glitch or if its gone bad. The ice maker was in the up or off mode at the time.
Any suggestions or ideas. Is this a common occurence or has anyone run into any problems similar to this and can it be easily repaired.

G

RE: Icebox flood

Lee what model norcold do u have ??? i'll ck into it for u
:)

H2H1

Re: Icebox flood

ROD YOU ARE SO HELPFUL TO EVERYONE YOU MUST BE HECK OF RV TECH. GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND

utmtman

Well after talking to norcold and defrosting the freezer and restarting it, it seems that ice cubes got stuck in the up positions to eject and the tray refilled but did not shut off cuz of the stuck cubes and caused it to flood. And the reason the got stuck is during the upload to eject the ice maker got put in the off position on the wire that ice would normaly raise to turn it off. It was a fluke. Gosh hope it never happens again. Told wife we leave that wire on off alone and watch it when we put food in and out of the freezer. Try to always leave it in the on position and let it turn itself off.

TexasClodhopper

Now this didn't happen in my RV, but it shows, like Lee and Fran's problem, how something 'automatic' can go awry.

When we came back from a weekend trip, I opened our home freezer to the sight of thousands of ice cubes! The icemaker was working just fine, but in filling the bucket 'automatically' the cubes had randomly formed a sloped hill where all of the new ice just kept sliding off the top of the hill and into the rest of the freezer beside the bucket!

I guess it would have shut off eventually, but it sure made lots of ice in a weekend!

G

Only tex would come up with a comeback like that ,, but since it did happen ,, then mark it up to rv learning 101 ,, ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Len ,, glad it was not a big prob ,, glad to here that it was ,, Can i say???? (if u won't get mad at me ) an operators error ,, but then agian as i said to tex ,, chock it up to rv learning 101 ,, we have all done something like this ,, and we'll do it agian ,, and agian ,, and so on ,, maybe it's rv oldtimers ,, u never know ,, hey JK :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown:

G

I bet u do clod ,, u put water in the little trays ,, and then put them in the freezer and ,, wow ,, u got an ice maker ,, hey i'm jk around ,, being silly tonight ,, :disapprove: ,, but it's all in fun ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

G

U got it Lee , i mean u got the oldtimers thingy right ,, not saying u got rv oldtimers ,,, u know ,, sorry typed before i thought ,, i hate that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

H2H1

It's not call old timers any more it called " A SENIOR MOMENT" which I am getting more and more according to the DW lol lol :) They say I am a senior , but yet I am to young to draw SS :( so what am I??

utmtman

LOL, I am too young to draw SS but luckily I do draw it as a disability which is far better.