In-Depth RV Lithium Install & Wiring Film - Mike Mas

Mike Mas

In-Depth RV Lithium Install & Wiring Film - Mike Mas

Hello,

With all the excitement and activity regarding the integration of Lithium Batteries to RV’s, Linda and I decided document our own independent installation and share it with other RV owners who might be considering a lithium upgrade to their coach.

While there are many different levels of installations, our film shows a total conversion from flooded batteries, to a state of the art advanced lithium system. The film includes 12 & 110 volt wiring. It also covers our five different charging sources and most important, having the right RV appliances with a lithium coach. This film is applicable to type; B, B+, C, or A motorhomes.

A few of the key components are a pair of Lithionics Battery 400ah lithium packs (800AH) providing over 10 kilowatts of lithium power. The packs are regulated by a Lithionics advanced Bluetooth BMS module.
The secondary component is Xantrex’s Freedom 3012, 3 kw inverter, with its 150 amp lithium protocol charger, SCP panel and Combox wireless system, connected to our MoFi 4500G 4G cell router, allowing monitoring and making changes to the system from any location.
The system also includes a Mastervolt’s Charge Mate Pro for charging from the stock Transit alternator, and Victon’s solar controller and 400 watts of roof panels. The film also includes installation of a Ring 4G alarm system with cameras and a lithium heating system.

Enjoy - Mike Mas

L99.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Mas

Hey guys - Just wanted to update the thread concerning my operation of the heating system. Last week my coach was exposed to temperatures of 14 degrees, yet the heater kept the battery and BMS temperature and compartment right at 41 degrees. Lithium battery manufactures recommend that lithium not be stored in extreme lower temperatures.

The heater is primarily designed for when the coach is parked to prevent the BMS from shutting down the 12 volt power system, allowing the battery to be charged in colder weather where otherwise it would not be possible.

This heater system serves a few other purposes since I store some of my drones and their lithium batteries in this same compartment. It’s important to keep the drones IMU and lithium batteries within proper temperatures as well.

The heaters secondary use is for traveling in cold weather where the battery that powers the RV and heater circuit is charged by the engine alternator.

Thanks Mike

heater.jpg

heater2.jpg