In the Market for Class C

traveller

Hi, Just read the messages and found the info sharing very helpful. We are in the market for a new Class C MH and have a few questions we would love to ask:

1. What should someone looking for a MH keep in mind when choosing a manufacturer regarding the quality of a MH?
2. How important is a back up camera for a home about 30 feet long?
3. How about leveling jacks for a home about 30 feet long?
4. What about an inverter?
5. We've read some of the horror stories about leaks? How can we check for this at time of purchase?

Thanks for your help. Reading your blogs let us know how much we have to learn.

Looking forward to "being on the road"

rjf7g

Re: In the Market for Class C

Traveller-
Welcome to the forum. I will give you my best shot at answers or more questions...

1. Are you buying new or used? If new, the dealer is almost as important as the brand. Pretty much every brand has its issues, but a great dealer will help you work through them. If used, you will want to know it has been serviced regularly - so, make sure it has a current inspection and complete service records.
2. I have a 27' class C without a camera and am thinking of adding one. It's not a show stopper as you can add one of you want/need it.
3. I don't have leveling jacks either. It only takes 10 minutes to level it, though.
4. Don't have one of these, either. But I do have a generator.
5. Check all of the outside storage cabinets for signs of leaks. Feel the walls and floors for soft spots. Check the bunk out - especially the windows. Check around all windows. Look for rusted screws on the inside, stains on the walls or ceiling, soft spots in the walls, etc. Look under all of the mattresses and cushions. Check the outside walls as well.

Pancanbob

HI, Traveller
Welcome to the forum :laugh:
There is a URL that was remanded to me by Kirk before buying an RV.
http://www.rv.org/index.html
RV Ratings Independent Nonprofit
Rating RVs for over 20 years

I have not joined them as yet:disapprove:, but I will when I get serous about buying an RV.:approve:
Right now, I’m just looking, wishing, dreaming, and trying to learn before I jump.
There is a lot to this “RVing” besides just saying I want to buy one. You need to put in the “time” to do the research. In order to make the right decision as to what is right for YOU and your needs
This is a good place to start from what I seen, there are a grate many people here willing to help,
Sometimes a little goofy :clown: , but with good intention

Before you put out a lot of money, you may want to try renting one for a few days or weeks.
I’ve been reading pass threads, they go back several years! The Beginning Rving has 30 pages of threads. There is a lot of good information on then about buying new and or used RVs
Go read them.
Good luck on your endeavors
Take care

C Nash

Welcome to the forum.
1. What should someone looking for a MH keep in mind when choosing a manufacturer regarding the quality of a MH?
Check into how well the manufacture handles their warranty problems. As Becky said dealer matters. Do search on forums on different makes. Just remember all makes will have problems. Talk to owners of different brands but remember some owners tent to say theirs is best.
2. How important is a back up camera for a home about 30 feet long?
I would want one but it can also be added. JMO
3. How about leveling jacks for a home about 30 feet long?
Would be a plus and again I would want a leveling system but I'm in the older bracket.
4. What about an inverter?
Depends on your type camping.
5. We've read some of the horror stories about leaks? How can we check for this at time of purchase?
Look for stains on ceiling and walls. I always took an ice pick or sharp object and probed around walls. Will not damage carpet. Look under cabinets,sinks, counters. Look for any type mold.
Just a few thing that come to mind.

traveller

Thanks to all for replying. We plan on buying in the spring. Our 40th Anniversary. So much to learn.