Indoor Outdoor Thermometer

scottb80

I was walking through a KMart store the other day when I saw and indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer for less than $11. If you have an older motorhome, like my 92 Curse Master, then you probably don't have all the new electronics that come on most cars now-a-days. So I mounted the sending unit just behind my grill and put the small display unit on the dash. Now I can see inside and outside temperatures at a glance. Works great and a great price. Here's a link to the one I bought, but the on-line price is higher than what I paid at the store. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_005W307311110001P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

rjf7g

I have one I put in the fridge so I can make sure it is cooling off properly without opening the door every 30 minutes.

C Nash

Great idea Becky. I had one that I also installed the outside sender near the grille on the MH but the radiator made it send hotter temps until the MH cooled. Started leaving it on the side of MH and now it's somewhere between here and Alaska:stupid:

H2H1

BECKY THAT IS A GREAT IDEA, I am going to go get one tomorrow. thanks for thr suggestion

Cruzincat

scottb80;75054 said:
I was walking through a KMart store the other day when I saw and indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer for less than $11. If you have an older motorhome, like my 92 Curse Master, then you probably don't have all the new electronics that come on most cars now-a-days. So I mounted the sending unit just behind my grill and put the small display unit on the dash. Now I can see inside and outside temperatures at a glance. Works great and a great price. Here's a link to the one I bought, but the on-line price is higher than what I paid at the store. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_005W307311110001P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

Was that a typo or a statement?

scottb80

More of a humerous statement

Cruzincat;75066 said:
Was that a typo or a statement?

Well, when you buy a 19 year old, 33' motor home, you do tend to curse a lot when fittings break, screws are rusted out, something breaks or leaks. Owing the BRT (Big Rolling Turd), my other name for it, has been an experience, but we've had some fun times in it and I hope to have more. :excitement:

akjimny

Well, at least the cat looks to be having a good time.:D:D But seriously, any time you buy something used you take a chance. Fix what you can and enjoy the rest. Good luck.:):)