Info on good road service

rddog8691

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone has any info on a good service company. I have been getting junk mail from Good Sam but have heard bad things. Have been thinking about going with AAA plus RV. Any info would be helpful.

DL Rupper

Re: Info on good road service

I have Good Sam and used them once about 10 years ago and had good service. I too have heard grumbling concerning Good Sam, but don't have a whole lot of choices. They will bring both my 5th Wheel and tow vehicle in if the tow vehicle breaks down. Not sure how responsive the other companies would be to dispatching two wreckers to bring both my RV and tow vehicle in.

Over the years I have heard many, many good things/stories about Good Sam ERS. It has only been recently that I have heard any negatives. I would think Good Sam would take quick action to fix any problems. It's in their best interest. :eek:

tallyo

I suspect for every good story about a product there is a bad one. Unfortunately we tend to hear more of the bad ones. As a general rule, "Bad" companies don't tend to stay in business long and Good Sam's has been around a while. I think that's why they have "Good" in their name. I would think if they were a bad company they would be called " Bad Sam's"

utmtman

I have coach net and have used them once and got good service, I had allstate insurance rv before that and had great service, and aarp before that which I was not totally impressed with aarp. Coachnet has a lot of extras that many of the others dont offer, like contact with techs when you call to try and solve your problem over the phone, and they will also send a tech to your location to try and get you started to get to a shop.

Steve H

RE: Info on good road service

My experience with Good Sam ERS was very negative. Long story short...I sat on I5 with a blow out for 40+ minutes on hold and never did get to talk with a dispatcher. A state trooper stopped and said the situation was dangerous and the 5th wheel needed to be moved ASAP. The trooper actually said it was his experience that GS ERS is difficult to get ahold of. Hecalled a tow whichwas there in 10 minutes and I paid the $167 bill. Switched to Coach.Net. Fortunately haven't had to use them yet. I do hear very positive things though! They are slightly more expensive at least in my situation.

Good luck!

PattieAM

I've never had to use it, but have Good Sam ERS, which is less expensive than AAAplusRV, and covers all vehicles in the household. At the time I was comparing the two, Good Sam was available nationwide, and there were areas that AAAplusRV didn't cover.

vanole

rddog8691,

I know it is overkill but I have both Coachnet and GoodSam. Have used both of them in the past and both have been good. Neither outstanding. Both have wide area of coverages which is good and know about what is required to tow/change tire etc on a motorhome. Goodsam gets bad press all the time for mailing you many different offerings, Lately (other forums) I have seen Coachnet taking hits from folks in the northwest (Oregon Washington area) guess it must be a coverage problem not sure.

I have heard AAA RV (I used to have this coverage and never used) that in some states the RV service is non exisitant I personally have never run that bunny down the tube to see if it is true or not. May be folklore not sure.

I will say from personal experience that Emergency Service thru you insurance company (National Interstate via (Continental Car Club) was not a pleasant experience for me. (The insurance is great) Not a wide enough network of adequately equipped tow and tire companies to not leaving you sitting in a parking lot for 27 hours waiting for service.

Shop around get whats best for you and hope you never use it.

V/R
Jeff

DL Rupper

Hey vanole, good info. I'm a little concerned about Good Sam ERS, but intend to stick with them for the time being. :sleepy: