Installing a roof ladder ?

SOSO

Dear RV Veterans,

We have just purchased our first RV. It has no roof ladder. What are the benefits other than the obvious? Our trailer is a 2008 FR Travel Trailer. Do all ladders install the same ? Can you purchase a generic ladder or does it have to be a FR product ? Do you need a FR schematic in order to install. Locally (Canada) they want ~ $500 dollars to do the job ! Yikes ! Any suggestions or thoughts ?

Thanks, Newby RVers ;)

DL Rupper

Re: Installing a roof ladder ?

Hey SOSO, welcome to the forum. I hope you don't have to have a FR ladder. Kenneth from GTS may be able to answer your question.

Grandview Trailer Sa

SOSO
Welcome to the forum, I would sell $500.00 ladders all day long. Be REAL glad too!
That price is ridiculous. The universal ladder should sell for around $100.00 and it will fit on the trailer.
When I get ladders from the manufactures, there is a right and wrong ladder. They should be able to give you the build of the trailer. Knowing FR, good luck.

hertig

I have a ladder on my motorhome. One night we woke to a loud racket on the roof. Seems some teens were chasing each other and one decided that climbing the ladder and running back and forth on the roof was a good idea.

Mostly, I use mine for mounting a flagpole/weather station. I got a plaque holder at our last rally, which should block the ladder and make it harder to climb.