Insurance Recommendations

Cheerio

I would like feedback on ease, claims, etc. about companies such as Good Sam and Progressive offering ins. on RVs.
Thanks, Cheerio

akjimny

Hi Cheerio and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I use GEICO and since I have the motorhome and my motorcycle both insured by them, I get a multi-policy discount. I do have my emergency road service insurance thru Good Sam, and thankfully, haven't had to use it yet.

If you can bundle your RV policy with an existing policy you already have (car, home owner's, etc) you should get a discount also. It's worth a shot.

Hope this helps some. Post back and let us know how you do.:):)

Cheerio

Thank you ! We haven't tried Geico, but did a couple of others. USAA, our new ins., does not cover RVs so we cannot bundle.
Cheerio

akjimny

Yeah, I know - it's a shame about USAA. I have my home owner's and truck insured thru them and wish I could have gotten the motorhome thru them, too. Oh well -:)

vanole

Most likely got into this discussion too late.

Cheerio you are doing the right thing in shopping around. Insurance can vary significantly from company to company and state to state with identical coverage. Numerous factors go into your rate quote driving record, credit rating, coverage wanted, garaging location etc... Every year since 2000 I have been going thru the rate comparison drill at renewal time. I have been with Natonal Interstate http://www.natl.com/ since 2000 and for me they have been consistently the lowest for me here in Virginia. I have found that Foremost (super insurance company for RV's) has been the most expensive quote I keep getting. However my sister who lives in Mass continually gets the lowest quote from Foremost and National Interstate is her 3rd lowest quote.

I've had one claim with National Interstate to the tune of $7500 (right front tire blowout with damage to the wheel well and side of M/H) no questions asked and had the check in my hands in 6 days. They were a pleasure to do business with. I to utilize USAA for all my other insurance and have never had an issue with them.

Jeff

H2H1

I like most on here shopped around for my ins. I HAD my MH, toad, and my Toyota truck and home with GMAC once before. Then I went with Good Sam's. It seems like every renewal it was going up, so I now have GEICO on all of the toys but not the house. As for as emergency road side assitance I still have Good Sam's

Triple E

H2H1;74113 said:
I like most on here shopped around for my ins. I HAD my MH, toad, and my Toyota truck and home with GMAC once before. Then I went with Good Sam's. It seems like every renewal it was going up, so I now have GEICO on all of the toys but not the house. As for as emergency road side assitance I still have Good Sam's

I second that Hollis. We are insured just like you are. So far, no problems.

C Nash

I have had Progressive since 02 on our MH. Only claim I have had was windshelds. No problem with them at all and they have been cheapest for me. Area might have something to do with prices. Have cked with several different companies and none have been able to beat Progressive. Some people don't like what Progressive supports but I know nothing about this. As long as they are cheapest and cover claims I am ok with them.

Litfoot

We have been using RV Advantage for about 3 years now, no problems, only one claim for windshield....... 100% covered

Have house, auto's and RV all with them... We switched to F C I S after my previous Ins. Co. would not cover my RV.

Farm & City Ins Services http://www.fcisinsurance.com/rv-advantage.asp

Hope this helps

Never any problems