Insurance scooter

BigJoe

Hello guys,

sorry for this question here but I don´t know where I could post it:
I´ve a question regarding an insurance for a scooter, 250ccm.
How much has an American to pay for the insurance for one year, roughly?

I asked my insurance and they said to me, because I have no american driver license, that I have to pay $850 !!!
For my RV I pay $650.........
Thanks!

Joe,I had the same type of problem with the 3 wheeler that I purchased from you know where.They quoted me the price of a regular MC as they don't have a rate for the 300cc I have.Finnally went with basic coverage and got it down to around 100.00.May not be the best way to go but the 640.00 they wanted wasn't it either.So maybe shopping will help you.Havent had to use them yet,but it is a well known company.Wait and see.

BigJoe

So, you think I should ask for a basic coverage? But that could be dangerous in case of an accident..........

C Nash

Insurance for my 500 Silver Wing was 10 dollars a month. I am a USA resident so guess maybe thats the difference. Think I would shop around. Think basic coverage would serve you ok, JMHO

BigJoe

C Nash;85170 said:
Insurance for my 500 Silver Wing was 10 dollars a month. I am a USA resident so guess maybe thats the difference. Think I would shop around. Think basic coverage would serve you ok, JMHO

Yes, I think so too. It´s the price for a USA resident.
I´ve another question: Suppose a friend of mine would insurate the scooter on his name, and I will drive it. Is that a problem in america?
And when I have an accident, will the insurance quote get higher, or even higher for his other cars?

BigJoe

BigJoe;85184 said:
Yes, I think so too. It´s the price for a USA resident.
I´ve another question: Suppose a friend of mine would insurate the scooter on his name, and I will drive it. Is that a problem in america?
And when I have an accident, will the insurance quote get higher, or even higher for his other cars?

Has anyone an idea?

helloDog

is 250 ccm same as 250cc? thats a heckle of a scooter.
Scooters under 50cc will be a whole different story..