Hi all, I have been checking insurance for full timers and I saw someone talking about USAA insurance. I was told USAA did not insure anyone traveling full time and they needed a physical address to insure. If anyone has any information about this topic, please comment. Thanks :)
Re: Insurance

I just got off the phone with USAA, they do provide insurance for RVs, through Progressive. The premium for one year on a $62000 Monaco is about $1040, full coverage with $500 deductable. Call them @ 800-531-8111



Senior Member
Re: Insurance

I suggest that before you go fulltime you need to talk with an insurance agency that understands the lifestyle. They need to have a "fulltimer's clause" as what we have is very different than what you would normally have. The big item is the liability for someone if they should be injured while in your RV or campsite. Normally that is left to a home owner's policy but since fulltimers don'e usually own a house, that is a very dangerous thing to do. I suggest that before you buy, check a few of these links.

Aon Recreation

Miller Insurance

RV Advantage

Explorer Ins.

All of these companies represent more than one insurance underwriter and all are experienced at covering RV owners and are licensed to do business in most states. Don't make a dangerous mistake when it comes to proper insurance coverage.


Senior Member
Re: Insurance

I agree with kirk and Progressive is the last place I would ever let anyone get insurance, too expensive and I have heard that they dont cover full time rvers but say they do until you get in accident and are left holding the bag.

C Nash

Senior Member
Re: Insurance

I have Progressive and never had a problem but the only claims I have had were broken wind shield which they covered without any problem. They gave the cheapest rates for me for same coverage from others. Just another opinion. Check them all out and get in writting what will be covered. Ask questions :question: Good luck and welcome to the forum.