Intellitec/Converter

rlmurraysr59

Finally found a dealer who was able to solve my air conditioner problem. Allsport RV in Fayetteville, NC is a top notch dealer in my book.

Turns out the converter was giving off a noise that affected the control unit of the air conditioner so that the compressor wouldn't kick in. Go figure! Why would Fleetwood install something that could be affected in this manner? Sounded to me like Intellitec needed to go back to the drawing board. There is nothing in any manual I read that said noise from the florescent lights, the converter, the refrigerator, or flushing the toilet would cause my airconditioners to malfunction.

Anyway, it is fixed. And my extended warranty through Performance RV warranty paid for all but the $100.00 deductible. Give them a little plug too.

The statement about flushing the toilet was just my attempt at a little humor.
:) :clown:

Gary B

Intellitec/Converter

Hi RonSr59, glad to hear you got your problem fixed :laugh: , don't be too hard on Fleetwood, just about every rv mfg. uses intellitec products, (intellitecs main business is defense contracting). I know what you are talking about some, we had a mh with remote water pump switchs, in the kitchen, bathroom and in the utility compartment, anyway no a number of ocassions the water pump would turn itself on, couldn't figure it until I finally found that a cheap florecent light had a cap. fail and everytime we turned the light on the water pump would br turned on, and yes the controller for the 3 way switch set up was an Intellitec part. Anyway gald to hear you got it fixed. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: