inverter question

levoyb

Question about inverter. If connected to shore power does it(shore power) charge my house battery and should my inverter be turned off? The folks at the rv place have me all confused. I understand the inverter converts 12 volt to 110, and converter(sp) converts 110 to 12 volt for lights, etc. So I would think generally the inverter would be switched off most of the time. Is that correct? Sorry to be so long, any help would be appreciated.

chief4-1

RE: inverter question

Yes, your correct. Your inverter would be off unless you needed to convert 12 volt to 110.

Clay L

Re: inverter question

To answer the second question, yes the converter does charge the house batteries.
In some cases it also charges the engine battery. Some Fleetwood products have that feature. I think it is not a common feature however.

Liz 937

What typeof battery do i need and conerter to charge little things until i get my onan running? Help

C Nash

All depends on your rv. You can get a small battery charger at most any wal mart.. depending on your rv you need 12 volt battery deep cycle or 2 up on 6 volts. Most travel trailers take 1 12 volt deep cycle battery.